The KGB Oracle
Posted By: JetStar Darkfall Beta Press Review - 11/21/08 08:44 PM

I would encourage all of you to take a look at the latest Darkfall information in the link below.

This information comes from KGB's Lord Viper:
MMORPG Italia Darkfall Review

I hope this makes you all feel as excited about this game as I am.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Darkfall Beta Press Review - 11/21/08 08:46 PM
my boner knows no bounds...
Posted By: dolmar Re: Darkfall Beta Press Review - 11/21/08 09:03 PM
Itz a good review!
This confirms the gamez awsomeness!
Posted By: Syloc Re: Darkfall Beta Press Review - 11/22/08 09:01 AM
Sweet!
Posted By: Seaelf Re: Darkfall Beta Press Review - 11/23/08 12:34 AM
Meatshield 4tw !!
Posted By: shatter Re: Darkfall Beta Press Review - 11/27/08 05:33 AM
Any feelings on how the combat will flesh out. I am visualizing lots of jumping around like you get in FPS style games for the H2H players and possibly making it very hard for ranged players to land blows. Now maybe this is realistic in the real word and all but I am just curious if constant moving for meleers will make ranged combat very difficult... zig, zag, jump, repeat??
Posted By: Bardaji Re: Darkfall Beta Press Review - 11/27/08 08:08 PM
Probably right but then I'm sure we'll see a fair amount of root type skills to counter. Either way, will be a challenge and hella fun!
Posted By: Syloc Re: Darkfall Beta Press Review - 11/29/08 04:47 PM
The gameplay video did give an idea of how combat looks like, the RANGED looks like it's FPS style. It looks like that players just don't move fast enough to be that active. Plus, for all we know, there's fatigue.
Posted By: Elph Re: Darkfall Beta Press Review - 11/30/08 04:06 AM
They stated several year ago that the melee combat was going to be kinda like a 3rd person view, but if you did any kind of ranged class it was going to be a first person view. I normally have played ranged classes, whether ranger types or casters, and when I had read that it turned me off from wanting to play Darkfall. I really hope they decide to change it, but it won't matter anyway since even if I wanted to I wouldn't be able to play Darkfall with our move coming up.
Posted By: Garal Re: Darkfall Beta Press Review - 11/30/08 04:54 AM
If it is like that (3rd person for melee, 1st person for ranged) I think it'll be very hard to balance. Not being able to see people running up behind you as a ranged character would be a huge hindrance imo.
Posted By: Owain Re: Darkfall Beta Press Review - 11/30/08 05:45 PM
A hindrance, but a realistic hindrance, I think. That is why why military snipers generally work in teams. That way, when the shooter is focused in the target, the spotter can maintain situational awareness with respect to immediate threats.
Posted By: nethervoid Re: Darkfall Beta Press Review - 12/08/08 08:28 PM
Jumping around and sprinting will consume stamina, so melee types won't be able to do that for long. Archers will have their fun for sure. >)
© The KGB Oracle