KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,019,620 Trump card
1,339,131 Picture Thread
477,934 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16
#97157 01/08/12 01:30 PM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
I think main contributing factors to on-going radicalization and move to far-right of GOP can be contributed to following factors:

1. Koch brothers.
Quote:
Koch industries, the second largest privately-held company in the US, is an oil refining, chemical, paper products and financial services company with revenues of a $100bn a year. Virtually every American household has some Koch product - from paper towels and lumber, to Stainmaster carpet and Lycra in sports clothes, to gasoline for cars. The Koch’s political philosophy of rolling back environmental and financial regulations is also beneficial to their business interests.

2. Evangelists taking over
Quote:
They have acquired a very detailed and accurate understanding of how political parties are organized. Parties are very susceptible to being taken over by ideologues because lower party offices have no appeal to the vast majority of our citizenry. Many precincts are represented by no one. If you decide all of a sudden because it's your Christian duty to become a precinct representative, you only need a few votes to get elected.

Increasingly, they have the key say-so on who will be a delegate at the national convention, and who will write the party platform and nominate the presidential candidate. In a state like Oregon, with 600,000 registered Republicans, it is possible for 2000 or 3000 people to control the state party apparatus. If they are outvoted by one or two votes, parliamentary manipulations begin, and after two or three hours of discussion about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin, the more reasonable people with other things to do leave, and in the wee hours of the morning, things are decided. That's how they achieve their objectives.

3. Shrinking middle class and concentration of wealth and power at the top
Quote:
Data from the United States Department of Commerce, CBO, and Internal Revenue Service indicate that income inequality among households has been increasing significantly since the late 1970s, after several decades of stability.

4. Echo Chamber Nation
Quote:
This is life in our echo chamber nation. We protect ourselves from opinions we don't like and seek reinforcement from like-minded allies.

Result - welcome to the GOP of 2012, where Reagan wouldn't get a nomination for not being conservative enough.

Last edited by sinij; 01/08/12 01:36 PM.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
1. Conspiracy much?

2. Mad that people with morals have figured out what your progressive/communist buddies learned in the early 1900's?

3. Sure, that's why even the poorest among us has a big screen HD TV and the woman who bought her groceries in front of me yesterday with food stamps then whipped out a wad of 100's to pay for her cigarettes and liquor drives an Escalade with 24" rims.

4. All humans seek to surround themselves with other like-minded humans. Its part of how natural selection works. Surely you understand evolutionary theory, right?

I don't think you understand Reagan's principles if you really think that the things being advocated by the current GOP crop are far to the right of him.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Why are your "morals" should be part of my government? Please respect separation of church and state.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Please show me separation of church and state in the constitution.

More importantly though, all laws are simply the codification of one groups morals over others.

(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
Please show me separation of church and state in the constitution.

More importantly though, all laws are simply the codification of one groups morals over others.

It was actually not technically in the constitution but the Supreme Court did rule on it.

Quote:
In the United States, the term is an offshoot of the phrase, "wall of separation between church and state," as written in Thomas Jefferson's letter to the Danbury Baptist Association in 1802. The original text reads: "... I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between Church & State." Jefferson reflected his frequent speaking theme that the government is not to interfere with religion.[7] The phrase was quoted by the United States Supreme Court first in 1878, and then in a series of cases starting in 1947.[8] The phrase "separation of church and state" itself does not appear in the United States Constitution. The First Amendment states that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof." The Supreme Court did not consider the question of how this applied to the states until 1947; when they did, in Everson v. Board of Education, all nine justices agreed that there was a wall of separation between church and state, but a majority held that the present case (a local authority paying to transport parochial students to school), the benefits to the children outweighed the Constitutional objection

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
It is clear to anyone who reads the entire text that Jefferson was speaking about keeping the government from interfering in your exercise of religion. It has been so skewed today as to suggest that no individual who happens to be in government can express their religious views or make a moral argument from a religious perspective without being accused of being ignorant or unlawful. It has been streched to the extreme to suggest that it is illegal to have a display of the 10 commandments displayed at a court house. Those 10 commandments are the well from which all our laws spring.

I'm not a religious person and I don't begrudge anyone their beliefs (unless their god says they have to kill me) but I can still rationally recognize what moral code was the basis for our legal foundation and not be offended because there is a copy of a religious text hanging on the wall at my local courthouse.

Furthermore, there is additional proof that the founders only intended for that clause of the constitution to apply to the federal government, and its interference at the state level (like most of the constitution is designed to do), since several of the original states had OFFICIAL STATE RELIGIONS until well into the 1800's.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: sinij

Result - welcome to the GOP of 2012, where Reagan wouldn't get a nomination for not being conservative enough.

REALLY? So you don't think Ron Paul's domestic stance isn't a right leaning stance? Far less Government & Far less spending! Reagan didn't do anything like Ron paul is wanting to. So are you saying Romney and the other Candidates are extreme right even though their domestic propositions aren't even close to what Ron Paul wants to do? Really man, you need to stop watching Keith Olberman.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
As far as church & State, where has the Government forced anyone to turn Christian? Are you guys saying a fucking picture,statue, or bible is going to all the sudden going to turn you christian if you look at it?

Come on man! I don't like it when someone comes up to be preaching like they are trying to push it on to me. If I want to listen I'll let them continue if not, i'll be on my way. We do live in a free country... right? I can always turn the channel on my TV if something is on I don't like. For fucks sake, how many time has king Obama referenced "GOD" in his speeches? Did you find an urge to grab a bible and start reading it and didn't want to?

It's getting sickening that if you don't like something you want it stricken away. This freedom thing is great, until your freedoms interfere with mine, Is that what all this is about?

Last edited by Wolfgang; 01/08/12 03:47 PM.
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Wolfgang, have you listened to any primary debates? This is exactly what is happening, especially with anti-gay and anti-abortion movements hijacking conservatism. What would you call when a republican candidate can come out on national debate and openly state that he will disband and prohibit gay unions because Bible says so? How is that not an interference from church in a matters of state?

Last edited by sinij; 01/08/12 04:04 PM.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: sinij
Wolfgang, have you listened to any primary debates? This is exactly what is happening, especially with anti-gay and anti-abortion movements hijacking conservatism. What would you call when a republican candidate can come out on national debate and openly state that he will disband and prohibit gay unions because Bible says so? How is that not an interference from church in a matters of state?

I would say if that's something I didn't like, I wouldn't vote for that person. IF they did get elected because of that don't you think that means a large majority of the population is religious? I mean I look around and there's a lot of non religious people. They are playing that up to their hardcore supporters, just like Obama plays up to his. The only thing you can hope for is there are enough people out their they believe in the things you believe in or at least can compromise on the ones they don't.

Even though you try to label some of us right wing terrorists, we have more things in common than you want to acknowledge. I don't agree with most of the Gay & Abortion issues on the right. And I don't completely agree with them on the left either.

Last edited by Wolfgang; 01/08/12 04:27 PM.
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard