KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 55 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Winter
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,031,364 Trump card
1,340,908 Picture Thread
478,856 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
"no need to watch the video" = ignore it... or did you actually watched the video?

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Thats a 25 minute video, and I dont need an AJE video to tell me about what is happening with the TP, or the conservative movement. You yourself should already know that I am quite aware, which is what gets me.

Sometimes it seems like you ignore everything anyone else says, or just dont connect the dots.

I have nothing against AJE, but am not going to immediately drop everything to watch a 25 minute piece that, according to the title and short overview, is simply going to tell me things I already know.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Alright then, you are aware of radicalization of conservative moment. Objections withdrawn. Reasons I brought this issue up a) to make sure this issue doesn't get rationalized/excused away b) I found AJE comprehensive expose on it interesting, even if all individual issues are not news to me it was still good summation.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

You could have simply said it was an interesting video, instead of deciding to wear the obnoxious troll hat.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
More on this topic:

Tea Party and Ron Paul

Quote:
Ron Paul won just 3 percent of the votes in the Tea Party straw poll. The straw poll had four candidates spend 10 minutes on a conference call answering questions, and then 23,000 Tea Partiers voted. Not only did Paul lose to Newt Gingrich, who got 31 percent, and Michele Bachmann, who got 28 percent -- but he came in behind Mitt Romney, who earned 20 percent. Worse, 64 percent of the patriots said they were "unenthusiastic" about voting for Paul -- only Jon Huntsman performed worse.

In October 2010, a Public Religion Research Institute study found that more than half of Tea Partiers say America is a "Christian nation" -- more than the 40 percent of evangelicals who think that.

In October 2010, a Public Religion Research Institute study found that more than half of Tea Partiers say America is a "Christian nation" -- more than the 40 percent of evangelicals who think that. They're social conservatives on same sex marriage. Another poll last year found that 88 percent of supporters of the Tea Party support Arizona's tough immigration crackdown. This fall, 60 percent of Tea Party Republicans said the best way to ensure peace was through "military strength" -- compared to 47 percent of Republicans and 31 percent of voters over all, the Pew Research Center found. The survey found that 81 percent of Tea Party Republicans want military spending to stay the same or increase.

[Linked Image]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Originally Posted By: sinij
Appears you are still living under "America, Fuck Yeah!" delusions of grandeur. Way the world sees Republicans reflects on the way the world sees America and that affects how the world reacts and cooperates with America.

While Ahmadinejad might agree with your point "who cares how the world sees", his example isn't exactly one we want to follow. Not in the age of global economics, capital and trade.

Who said anything about Team America? My question remains unanswered. Observe:

The Germans, and all NATO countries, live under the aegis of US protection, freeing up their budgets for the sort of vast social spending that you, Sinij, appear to advocate. So why should we, as Americans, care what they think? I'm guessing you don't have children, or this analogy I'm about to describe would leap out at you without explanation. The analogy is this: do you take your minor children's opinions into account when planning a family budget? Answer, no. The reason for this is because children are not responsible for themselves; someone else must care for them. This is analogous to the situation in Europe or any of our other client states: they aren't responsible for themselves, they must have someone to look after them. Let's count the ways:

Monetarily- they have tried the Euro and it has failed, so it's back to the dollar
Economically- Who funds the IMF? Answer: Uncle Sam
Militarily- do I really need to spell it out? NATO sans USA couldn't topple Khaddafi
Diplomatically- Who funds and houses the UN? Answer: Uncle Sam

So again, please explain to me why we should care what some Eurorag thinks of American politics, and what bearing this has on the American political climate? How's the "reset" thingy going? How does the world view Democrats? Is this leap to compare my views with Ahmadinejad's simply a twist on Godwin's Law?

KGB Darkfall
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Originally Posted By: sinij
Alright then, you are aware of radicalization of conservative moment. Objections withdrawn. Reasons I brought this issue up a) to make sure this issue doesn't get rationalized/excused away b) I found AJE comprehensive expose on it interesting, even if all individual issues are not news to me it was still good summation.

Are you prepared to discuss the radicalization of the progressive movement?

KGB Darkfall
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Well said.

Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Cheerio

The Germans, and all NATO countries, live under the aegis of US protection, freeing up their budgets for the sort of vast social spending that you, Sinij, appear to advocate.

Who are you protecting "the world" against? These days war is waged in finances and cyberspace, you only need bare minimum 'boots on the ground' to keep occasional backwards dictator in check. The world moved on, your views have not.

Quote:
How does the world view Democrats?

Rather well, but your ilk was too busy smearing Obamas world tour as "apologist" to notice that it actually turned around political situation in US favor.

[Linked Image]
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Cheerio

Are you prepared to discuss the radicalization of the progressive movement?

Yes. Thankfully radicalization of Republican party and consequent exodus of moderate and centrist conservatives into Democratic fold put Democrats firmly into centrist position.

[Linked Image]
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard