KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 14 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,043,727 Trump card
1,344,448 Picture Thread
481,832 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Derid
However, on a similar note - its a historical fact that the better communication becomes, the greater centralization of power becomes possible. The kind of micromanagement of society that is now feasible - never before has been feasible in the history of the world, so we are treading on unfamiliar ground.

I wanted to comment specifically on this point. So far exactly the opposite is happening - Orange Revolution in Ukraine, Arab Spring, Russian protests... these are all examples of communication enabling and empowering individuals to push back against the government. Twitter, Facebook and all other social media enabling unprecedented levels of social involvement. Youtube and Smartphone Cameras enabling citizens to scrutinize over actions of officials and police to much greater degree.

Last edited by sinij; 12/11/11 07:42 PM.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

I am still on the road, in hotel. But when I am able, I will get further into this. I will agree that some of what you say happens, but overall when talking about trends - oppression in on the march, and pushback is a tiny tiny percentage of the overall trend.

I see several inadequacies in your observation, on several levels.

Look forward to my spiel in a few days. I have to fly out of Laguardia on Sat, so expect me to be especially motivated to rant on this subject.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Back to the topic, who cares how the world sees Republicans? I for one could care less about how our client states view the "infinite clown fight" of American politics. Do any of us really care which group of Commie scum run Germany? Like children, they grow resentful and sullen towards those who protect and nourish them.

KGB Darkfall
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Appears you are still living under "America, Fuck Yeah!" delusions of grandeur. Way the world sees Republicans reflects on the way the world sees America and that affects how the world reacts and cooperates with America.

While Ahmadinejad might agree with your point "who cares how the world sees", his example isn't exactly one we want to follow. Not in the age of global economics, capital and trade.

[Linked Image]
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council

Good Al-Jazera video examining Tea Party "libertarian" claim.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

There are a bunch of tea party groups. Some of them have in fact be co-opted by statist interests. That much has been established here, no need to watch the video.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
no need to watch the video.

No need to comment then, because the video isn't about specific tea party but rather hijacking of conservative movement everywhere. Feel free to stick your head in the sand, but doing so will not make it go away.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: sinij

No need to comment then, because the video isn't about specific tea party but rather hijacking of conservative movement everywhere. Feel free to stick your head in the sand, but doing so will not make it go away.

No need to post the video. Since The Occupy Wall Street movement has had the same thing done.

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Except that OWS was never a grass roots movement. The head of SEIU was planning it publicly as far back as April.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Originally Posted By: sinij

I pretty much was agreeing with your point of view, with the caveat that the tea party is not monolithic and can vary widely by region and particular group. ( as we have discussed before )

But now, you say I stick my head in the sand?

Seriously, have you been eating lead paint for lunch this week or something?

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard