KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 50 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Binbs
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,029,881 Trump card
1,340,077 Picture Thread
478,435 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Well stated Derid and certainly worth considering. I don't know how things went around the country today, but in Northern Virginia and Maryland, many democrats were unseated in today's elections, replace with republicans and independants, even in staunch never before penetrated democratic areas.

I agree that if Paul, who is the only logical choices, or at least Romney are selected, Obama loses. I am not certain with Newt, I think he is already a forgotten entity, but I could be wrong.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Derid, talking to you is always refreshing. Most conservatives I have displeasure to debate against fall into hysterics half way through the argument, right after running out of Fox News soundbites.

My position on Koch is that right now they have undue influence on Republican party even outside of directly planting candidates. Some candidates might be more or less independent, but overall GOP message is mostly Koch.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Whether or not the Koch brothers have given money to the Republican party doesn't affect my opinions any more than George Soros' support of the Democrats affects yours. Both parties have billionaire donors. So what? How about you take some of your own medicine and stick to debating the issues rather than name calling and inflammatory soundbites designed to elicit a visceral reaction.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight

KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
Whether or not the Koch brothers have given money to the Republican party doesn't affect my opinions any more than George Soros' support of the Democrats affects yours. Both parties have billionaire donors. So what?

Have you watches last round of primaries? A bunch of winning-ticket established republicans got tossed out during primaries for not towing Koch line. Tea Party is a minority voice even in the Republican party, yet by holding primaries hostage they have undue influence on entire political process. Net effect is even more gridlock, because Republican politicians no longer can compromise in fear of being called RINOs and unseated during primaries.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Who exactly do you call a "winning-ticket" republican that got tossed? I've only seen two people bow out and I'd never heard of either before the debates started.

And if they are afraid of being called RINOs, then perhaps they should remember on what principles they were elected.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Reid got handed undeserved victory because Tea Party put complete nut in opposition to him. Even Democrats wanted to vote him out, but alternative happened to be much much worse.

Then Murkovski from Alaska got replaced by unelectable candidate, she won anyways as write-in.

Michael Castle from Delaware got tossed out in favor of unelectable tea party candidate.

This is just going from my memory, there are many more. Pretty much if not for Tea Party interference, Republicans would have had Senate and Congress by now. Next election Tea Party and debt limit hostage-taking going to cost Republicans Congress majority.

[Linked Image]
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Derid
http://www.schiffradio.com/b/In-Defense-of-the-1/211315239197335133.html

This guy went to OWS with a camera crew and a sign that said " I am the 1%, lets talk"

From the article:

Quote:
Indeed, there were plenty of heated discussions. I did little more than ask how much of my earnings I should be allowed to keep.

This is good question, but before answering it we need to look into HOW you got your earnings.

What do we want to reward as society? We want creators - engineers, scientists, artists, doctors, and business creators. Someone with net benefit for society, working for the common good in one or another way is what should be rewarded.

Instead, 1% are mostly bankers, market speculators and CEOs with golden parachutes, and generational rich with inheritances. Is that what we want to reward as society? Gambling with other people's money and old money?

How much you got to keep should depend on how you got it. Sometimes it should be none of it, sometimes all of it.

Last edited by sinij; 11/11/11 10:33 AM.

[Linked Image]
Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Well, just remember that people who start businesses by getting money from investors and people who land good jobs at businesses that got started or grew with money from investors tend to think that the investors should be rewarded for taking the risk.

I will agree that there is certainly a crony class of so-called capitalists that needs reigned in, the ones who feed off the federal reserve and crony govt money and transactions. This applies equally to both parties, its not a "conservative vs liberal" issue. Cronyists on both sides exists, in very large numbers. People just need to start remembering that cronyism has nothing to do with true capitalism.

What grates at me is all those on the left who do not know the difference, or pretend there isnt one.. and just malign free market economics for "causing their problems" when it was the insider cronyism , corruption and such that created the problems.

Its not like its a vague theory either , very easy for me to point to the instances where crony govt fouled everything up.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Derid

Well, just remember that people who start businesses by getting money from investors and people who land good jobs at businesses that got started or grew with money from investors tend to think that the investors should be rewarded for taking the risk.

I don't believe that there should be such thing as "investor class". If your middle class is extensive and banking system is robust then you would not need angel investors for small business creation. More business will be created because more people would be able to afford it.

Last edited by sinij; 11/11/11 01:42 PM.

[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard