KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 21 guests, and 25 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Brutal
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,357
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Sini 1
Popular Topics(Views)
2,053,657 Trump card
1,347,364 Picture Thread
483,176 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
KGB (F3) Vice-Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F3) Vice-Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Good luck with that Jet .. I am going through similar chaos at the State. 4,000 layoffs to be announced ... and they hate seeing us contractors stay while the union employees get the pink slips.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: JetStar
Originally Posted By: sinij
Ismash,

I will be blunt. In the current state of affairs, following KGB is even less helpful than leaving someone in newbie lands. MS is a revolving door of apathetic 'alliance' and constant rowing red ganks. I don't even know why we are in this alliance, but that is entirely different topic for a different thread.

Not to disrespect Prism's admirable achievements, but gridning salamanders won't get you meditation gold, reg gold or regs or enough HPs to not die in 1 hit. Even maxed melee mastery won't get you anywhere near combat ready. You need gold to meditate stats and magic skills, or you need gold to buy regs to macro stats and magic skills.

Well most of us that are still playing have limited time to play right now, me included. I am fighting to keep my job, and am here from sun up to down.
I think if there were more fun people playing, it would be funner. It is the people, not the game. I personally hope to be back soon, after the dust from this reorg settles in the next few weeks.

Looks like Tas isn't the only one holding frogs. Sounds like someone is really turning on the charm... when i mean charm I mean cuffing the balls. =P

Corpus Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight

I am fighting to keep my job, and am here from sun up to down.

I am in the same situation. I put insane hours in and work for one of the biggest or the biggest outsourcers in the world, in what they have said is one of their biggest targeted skill sets to outsource. I struggle just to do the basics before I go to bed, like make dinner, and lunch for the next day, dishes, etc. Not to mention health/family/etc issues. I can mine a rock for ore but not hit the daily Iklid spawn for 14K a day.

You struggle for your career and to make as much of it as possible and at some point some bean counter may determine they can show the share holders they will save .10 cents a year by shit canning you (and forget what revenue they lose or if your replacement is even capable of learning your job at all).

Today (literally today) I fixed problems I told them about 2 years ago when they assured me they were professionals and it wasn’t a problem. Whole teams could not even find the problem more less fix it. I just collect a paycheck making 50% of my base pay in ot and let my superiors make excuses and their BMW SUV payments while building their custom homes. My 2005 Kia Rio parked in from of my apartment isn't so bad. Oh wait my Kia is in the shop because I got hit by an uninsured African immigrant turning from the left lane to go down a road on the right.

This was the change Obama was talking about?

Feel for ya Bro.

Last edited by Ismash Grimblood; 05/05/11 07:39 PM.
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Ismash Grimblood

Check and see who the corporations are funding for President. I think it will all be clear to you then.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction

Don't hate me because I crush dreams and break spirits for a living.

I can't help that I'm custom made!

Wooooo....Dance all night long!

You must be 18 or older to get on this ride.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Ismash Grimblood

Check and see who the corporations are funding for President. I think it will all be clear to you then.

Just think, if you worked for GE you wouldn't have to worry about it. Since GE didn't pay ANY taxes for 2010.
You get all the perks when the CEO of GE is one of the President's economic advisors.

I wonder how much shit Bush would have caught, if one of his economic advisors was a CEO of a company that didn't pay any taxes.

Last edited by Wolfgang; 05/06/11 05:10 PM.
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Wolfgang
I wonder how much shit Bush would have caught, if one of his economic advisors was a CEO of a company that didn't pay any taxes.

How about none. You can always tell when someone answers a question with a question, if you were right or not. :-)

Boy, GM's profits sure looked good this quarter. I bet those 1.2 million people that didnt lose their jobs are happy. Good thing we didnt listen to the right and let the whole US car industry bite the dust.

Too bad the right voted to continue subsidies for the most profitable industry in human history on Wednesday.

Tisk Tisk.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight

How about none. You can always tell when someone answers a question with a question, if you were right or not. :-)

Boy, GM's profits sure looked good this quarter. I bet those 1.2 million people that didnt lose their jobs are happy. Good thing we didnt listen to the right and let the whole US car industry bite the dust.

Too bad the right voted to continue subsidies for the most profitable industry in human history on Wednesday.

Tisk Tisk.

So your saying that if Bush had a CEO of Haliburton as an economic advisor and Haliburton didn't pay any taxes that year, you wouldn't have ANY issue with that?

Oh and... FORD was in the same boat as GM, they decided not to take any tax payer money and they've done fine. Imagine that... the private sector MAKING it without the government, WOW... what a concept!

Last edited by Wolfgang; 05/06/11 07:07 PM.
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight

Tisk Tisk.

Just so you know, I think there should be a flat tax for everyone. Oh yeah... that Industry also employs MILLIONS of people. So yeah... let's tax them into Oblivion. I just find it very fucked up they want to tax oil companies an extra tax while GE doesn't pay ANY taxes. Granted I don't like paying $4 a gallon for gas, which is another wall of text. But to put it short, if Obama would yank his head from his ass and start consuming our OWN natural resources, it would put more people to work HERE (In the states) and we wouldn't have to take OPEC rubbing shit in our eye's, in fact we could tell them to get fucked. And yes... we could still work toward finding better and more efficient alternative energies while doing so. You can walk and chew gum at the sametime can't you?

My point is, we need a flat tax for everyone. None of this... "let's tax these guys because they are making to much" bullshit. The Government wouldn't lose ANY money with a falt tax, in fact they would probably gain.

KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
The whole GE thing you have to be careful with, as to what you exactly mean.

Did GE get away without paying any taxes?

Absolutely not.

They paid every single cent of the Federal, State, and local income tax paid on wages. That means all the stuff that really counts like wage, FICA, SS, and workers comp. On top of any actual state that has a income tax as well. In addition GE paid every single cent of Sales tax in every single State it purchased goods, services, and municipal infrastructural.

What GE didn't have to pay anything on was the FEDERAL TAx LIABILITY! Just make sure you get it right. That tax liability is what is paid on revenues made inside the United States. What GE did is put all of its cost centers in the US, and place all of its revenue centers outside of the US. GE basically had a 2B USD revenue in the US last year, and with taking full right offs for all allowable itemization to the full legal amount was able to offset the FEDERAL TAX LIABILITY for that 2B USD.

The whole rub of it is that no revenue made outside of the US can be used inside of the US or it instantly becomes subject to those set of rules and taxes, which are stiff.

So what GE did was work the Corporate Tax System, which is what the CEO said they did right after this story came out. Don't blame them because our tax code is fucking broken. Be mad at the fucking tax code and the bureaucrats who refuse to fix it because they have been bought and paid for a Trillion times over.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard