KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 50 guests, and 23 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,034,252 Trump card
1,342,149 Picture Thread
480,195 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Squared
Unregistered
Squared
Unregistered
S
I can't stand unions. Having worked with longshoreman, I could tell you stories, but I'll spare the details. I think I hated unions before those days. And I think public employee unions are the worst. Something to thank JFK for, as he was the president who allowed it to be legal for public employee unions to form.

My favorite Walmart story is when a store successfully unionized its employees. Walmart said, 'Oh yeah? We'll just close down the store.'

Ohio has started their debates to make public unions weaker as well. I hope Wisconsin and Ohio both succeed in their endeavor to break the unions.

KGB Champion - Taco Salad
KGB Champion - Taco Salad
The state of unions in this country is pathetic. Same with education.

You know what though? They exist for good reason. They are the only things preventing corporations from making this a reality in America again:

They need to be fixed, propped up, supported and appreciated for what they are capable of. Not scrapped to fix 10% of a budget deficit. Like Jet said, park the fucking air craft carriers first.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I think you're both right. Unions did serve a purpose once upon a time. Now though, they've just become another way for people to get power and money and not have to work for it (union bosses). I don't think they are necessary any longer. There may be a need for them in the future, but right now the drain they put on society far outweighs any boon they provide.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

rhaikh, in a way you make a good point with that pic. unions were created to help mostly uneducated people doing hard, and often dangerous labor.

I think they have served that purpose well.

However, I fail to see how that relates at all to a bunch of salaried college graduates squeezing taxpayers for job perks, super retirement bonuses and being able to use a seniority system to separate individuals from any type of performance accountability.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard