KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 32 guests, and 21 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Raist
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,020,686 Trump card
1,339,216 Picture Thread
478,047 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#7277 07/04/06 08:33 PM
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
What is a great tasting liquor? I am not a huge fan of the taste of alchahol(like tequila and shit), i tend to like fire water and such, however i can down liquors with a strong alchahol taste, what would be a good tasting liquor u reccomend?

Mordeloth #7278 07/04/06 10:17 PM
KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
First off, Vodka is a beuatiful thing but you said you aren't really into that so I guess ill think of some others...

What do you mean great tasting liquor, like sweet stuff that even little Susie from the midwest would get drunk off of? I'd go with the creams, I like them too but high calorie... Baileys Irish cream for example. I got a bottle of it about 6 months ago as a gift and my girlfriend downed 4/5 of it in like an hour and ended up getting super drunk and puking. I held her hair back... its special times like those that we remember forever.

"Amaretto Di Saronno" isn't a cream one but it's sweet as well. This is another one that girls like to take shots of.
It's good stuff, you don't taste/feel the alcohol much; same is true for any of these im listing.

Don't forget Schnapps... Peach schnapps, peppermint schnapps etc. Another sweet one. My buddy downed an entire bottle in like 5 minutes on a dare for $20. He didn't even puke; god that man had a tough stomach, way too sweet for me.

Alot of these drinks because their sweet you actually mix with hard liquor like...

The Pacific
1 oz (30ml) Bacardi Gold Rum
1 oz (30ml) Amaretto Di Saronno
1 oz (30ml) Blue Curacao
3 oz (90ml) apple juice
1 oz (30ml) lime juice
Shake and strain into an ice filled highball glass.

You can easily find mixes on the net by doing a search for mixed drinks.

A true party favorite for young/broke people is the rum and coke, or Vodka and coke, Tequila and coke. Girls will enjoy rum and coke the most out of the three since rum is kinda sweet as well. But I like Vodka so I always go with that.

Com'on Valentein I know you have some good ideas too, help our brother out here. And Garal, I know you have your own Sake distilling going on; settle the age old question of which is better, warm or cold sake...

"It's not enough to win... others have to lose."
-Stephen Colbert 'Colbert Report'
Hall of Fame record
Raekwon #7279 07/05/06 12:06 AM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Vodka + Mountain Dew. 110 Vodka + Mtn Dew = quick, cheap buzz that doesnt go down half-bad.

Rum + Coke for teh ladies. Like Raek said, women love R + C. Just the way it is, if your gonna share thats what you get. Capt Morgan is the common preferred unless your dealing with a real snob.

Amaretto is good, in coffee or Tea. Is sweet, but tastes kinda like ass by itself, but w/some hot Lipton it makes a great drink for those days you feel like a laid-back buzz. Yes, Tea has caffiene, but its still a laid back type buzz, dont ask me why.

If you are looking for a strong liqour that has decent quality, and are looking to gain a taste for- I recommend Wild Turkey.

Derid #7280 07/05/06 03:36 AM
KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
1. Malibu Coke
2. pinĂ£ Colada

Coco 4 teh w1n

Konichiwa, Bi*ches!
Haraa #7281 07/05/06 07:18 AM
Missing in Action - October 2021
Missing in Action - October 2021
Bacardi 151 and Coke in a pint glass. Ask for it strong, the rest of the drinks you get that night will either be free or reduced price.

Or do like Raekwon, vodka chilled really dosn't have a harsh taste at all, and after a glass its taste wont matter casue you wont be tasting anything, so they go down faster.

Most girls here get the vodka and cranberry, never had it thou, vodka needs to be straight or on the rocks period.

If any of this post made sense please send 1 dollar to the "Protect the Lizardmen Foundation" PO Box 179 Manhattan New York 10041

Its like a school bus of nuns hitting a shit wagon and bursting into flames. You just can't look away... -Tasorin
chaulootz #7282 07/05/06 07:35 AM
KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
Damn dirty lizard lover!

Oh yeah I forgot about vodka cranberry, the girl im dating loves that so that's a drink we both usually get if we're at a restaurant and want some liquor but dont want to be dumbasses ordering shots at a neighborhood restaurant.

"It's not enough to win... others have to lose."
-Stephen Colbert 'Colbert Report'
Hall of Fame record
chaulootz #7283 07/05/06 07:35 AM
Former Member
Former Member
Bourbons:

Wild Turkey 101(as Derid mentioned) is good and strong and tastes fine.
Maker's Mark is my choice for sipping or for making old fashioneds.

Both are widely available.

Gin:

I like martinis and gimlets. My favorite gins are Bombay Sapphire and Beefeater.

Other:

Becherovka. I love this stuff though it's a little tougher to find. It's an herbal based liqueur from Karlovy Vary in the Czech Republic and was originally made for medicinal purposes. It's great as a digestif or for the most excellent tonic imaginable (the Beton). There is a US distributor so you can get it in the State but not at any old store.

Sambucca if you like something in your coffee, or better yet, a splash in a shot of espresso. Or just straight. This stuff is made from Star Anise, so it taste like licorice.

Limoncello is a nice digestif as well. It's an Italian liqueur made from lemon rinds. The better brands are have a little tartness to them, not just sweet lemon flavor. I prefer serving staight from the freezer.

Akavit is an interesting liquor made which involved caraway seeds, dill and other spices to flavor the alcohol. I like the stuff, but it's pretty potent in flavor. I'd recommend everyone checking it out at least once, for the experience.

here's a link for you if you want to explore more liquors:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_alcoholic_beverages

Last edited by Valentein; 07/05/06 07:46 AM.

When your King calls you to action, will you hear the call?

Valentein #7284 07/05/06 08:16 AM
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
one thing i read that sounds pretty good for parties(and btw i should edit that post, because i actualy do enjoy vodka, and some rums, just not a big fan of tequila and whisky haha) is a half galon of vodka, a 2 liter of sprite, and a lemonde packet all mixed in like a gatorade cooler, sounds like it would be pretty sweet with a decent kick to it.

Mordeloth #7285 07/05/06 05:04 PM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Can't go wrong with a good old 1.75 liter bottle of Jim Beam

If you want something tasty though... Gin and tonic is good, not too sweet, not too strong either (depending how you mix it of course). I'm not a huge fan of them, but I know a lot of girls who like the flavored liquors... like Absolute Raspberry or Bacardi Limon.

Kinda depends what kind of price range you are looking at... if you have a bunch of cash to spend on booze, going to be better off making a lot of mixed drinks.. if you just want something that tastes decent and you can drink week in and week out without setting you back too hard financially go with stright liquor and something cheap like tonic or pop.

Last edited by Tonto_KGB; 07/05/06 05:07 PM.
Tonto_KGB #7286 07/05/06 07:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
151 and coke

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard