KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 71 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Binbs
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,030,539 Trump card
1,340,290 Picture Thread
478,700 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
If the afterthought PvP is fragbased no risk or reward then it is definately not a game most KGB would be interested in.

If people wanted easy mode gear farming fragfest they would keep playing WoW.

However I would be glad to test your game out if you want solid opinions and have some beta tsting or something set up.

Last edited by Donkleaps; 02/17/09 04:51 PM.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Quote:

If the afterthought PvP is fragbased no risk or reward then it is definately not a game most KGB would be interested in.

If people wanted easy mode gear farming fragfest they would keep playing WoW.

However I would be glad to test your game out if you want solid opinions and have some beta tsting or something set up.

B
Berek Offline OP
Oracle Newbie
OP Offline
Oracle Newbie
B
Thank you Vyse, I definitely would appreciate the input you have to share on all aspects of our game's development. I wouldn't be here if I didn't care about your input.

I do have to say that PvP isn't an afterthought. It is a feature that just isn't in as early of a phase as some other games put it as. Like I mentioned earlier, PvP is being taken seriously, it simply has its own place on the timeline of development, which extends beyond release.

One of the reasons I asked for your guild's thoughts on PvP is there is still a chance to tweak what we do have in place.

A forum member on our forums referenced how much content we'll have at release versus our vision. That doesn't mean we're forgetting about "the rest" until after release and we'll "figure it out" as we go. It means we are releasing a certain percentage of content at a certain point, more at a later point, more beyond that, etc.

Each content piece has its own place, but they are not an afterthought necessarily. We are building the game to be expansive beyond release in as controlled a manner for us and interesting for you, as we can. We are not going to simply stop at release and "call it a night".

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Hey Berek:

Can you answer the two (I believe) questions I asked in my second post within this thread? Thanks!

[Linked Image]

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Quote:

The Library. You can access necessary information about the game world, no matter where you are in the world. Being able to travel to the capital cities to input new world items into this database makes one feel like you are really contributing to the game. You make a difference, even if its a small difference right now.

And now that MyAlganon is live, these two systems will be integrated, so you can check Library elements while offline as well.

An in-game Wikipedia? Interesting - out of game crack for those of us who like researching crap.

Quote:

The Studies system is another important component. You may not have time to always play, but the Studies system gives you the opportunity to advance while offline and away from your computer, but advance in a fair and balanced way.

So would this system be similar to Eve? I think this would be a great incentive for the average gamer. I personally miss Eve's system - hell I think I should go re-activate not like I am playing any games atm anyways - lol

My only other thought atm is - the sole reason I play MMOs is for PVP. If PVP is second string to PVE it really leaves me with a limp noodle.

Either way wouldn't mind checking it out - or at least pestering Vyse about it.

-Auld

Will work for beer.
B
Berek Offline OP
Oracle Newbie
OP Offline
Oracle Newbie
B
I may have missed one of those questions Crim, restate please if I have . Here is an answer to one I believe:

"By dual role system, do you mean a player can have one setup for his character that's good for PVE, and then a second setup for his character that's good for PVP? Also, good at all around combat with one setup, and then switch to another for terrain exploration?"

I believe this might answer your question?: http://alganon.com/news-detail/id/116

"So would this system be similar to Eve?"

I hate to compare it really to other games, as it honestly is unique from any MMO I've ever experienced. Essentially you are able to select skills that train while you are offline or online.

There are balances and checks that make this system both fun and fair, so you cannot gain a significant advantage playing against others while "not" playing .

One of the themes we're placing on Alganon is its a "supportive" game. We aren't stealing your time from WAR, WOW, or any other game. We are complimenting it, or if you really appreciate the game's aspects, play it dedicated 24/7 . We want to provide a balance so you don't feel you have to "switch" necessarily. Studies comes into play here.

Last edited by Berek; 02/19/09 09:06 AM.
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
Give me a dev team and some funding and I will make the best MMO in the world.

That's a promise.

KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Quote:

That's a promise.

I don't think: "Hello Kitty - Vegas: The Stripper Years" qualifies as an MMO Donk.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Quote:

Quote:

That's a promise.

I don't think: "Hello Kitty - Vegas: The Stripper Years" qualifies as an MMO Donk.

ROFLMFAO!

T
Band 4
Band 4
T
Chances are favorable that I will do this thing with the beta for Alganon.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard