KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 71 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Binbs
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,030,539 Trump card
1,340,290 Picture Thread
478,700 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
How is that Derid. I disagreed with what the man said, and you came back at me saying something to the fact that I believe that all women should be beat or something to that affect.

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRI-A3vakVg

Derid, tell me what this is about and see if you can get what the commercial is trying to say. For some reason Slinger, i dont think you could

KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Its an ad, so my guess would be, we make good beer.
And all Canadians are not stupid blubber eating northern rednecks, but hockey is a real mans sport unlike soccer.

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Theres more to it than that.

Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Because you have been implying that we should tolerate way to much. There is a difference between being tolerant of others, and letting them walk all over you.

Like for example I am tolerant of gays. Why? Its not because I think its a great thing at all, but simply because it doesnt really effect me. However, Saudi-type exported radicalism is something that does try to effect me. Like the man in the video said, they dont want to be agreed with- they want to be obeyed.

I, nor the video, was trying to universally condemn Islam or any other religion. But while many muslims in the world are relativly reasonable people, that is not the case in this example.

Accepting the Saudi type hard-line Islamists as reasonable people to be accepted and welcomed without comment is the moral equivalent of accepting the KKK and dealing with them as reasonable people.

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Arent the Saudis the United States biggest ally in the middle east?

Missing in Action - October 2021
Missing in Action - October 2021
Quote:

What does that have to do with anything that any of us think? I think it's been pretty apparent that most of us are pretty discontent with a heavy number of political situations our government currently has us in.

[Linked Image from zandadev.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Quote:

Because you have been implying that we should tolerate way to much. There is a difference between being tolerant of others, and letting them walk all over you.

Like for example I am tolerant of gays. Why? Its not because I think its a great thing at all, but simply because it doesnt really effect me. However, Saudi-type exported radicalism is something that does try to effect me. Like the man in the video said, they dont want to be agreed with- they want to be obeyed.

I, nor the video, was trying to universally condemn Islam or any other religion. But while many muslims in the world are relativly reasonable people, that is not the case in this example.

Accepting the Saudi type hard-line Islamists as reasonable people to be accepted and welcomed without comment is the moral equivalent of accepting the KKK and dealing with them as reasonable people.

Totally agree with Derid here. A Trend is starting?

And Lenny: If it were up to me, the Saudis would NOT be our allies. We had Bin Laden cornered there before, and the French + the Saudis would NOT allow us to take him out. That was before 9-11.

Just because it's decent to tolerate a wide variety of cultures - and I totally believe this - it doesn't mean it makes sense to allow one culture to exploit our sense of justice (and some times naivety IMO) and attempt to walk all over us.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
so bomb them, and get their oil. Isnt that what generally happens?

I also think it is funny how neither Slinger, Derid or Crim has commented on that video, but would rather comment on some stupid bigot commenting on things we all know already.

Last edited by Lenny; 10/19/07 10:46 AM.
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Quote:

Quote:

What does that have to do with anything that any of us think? I think it's been pretty apparent that most of us are pretty discontent with a heavy number of political situations our government currently has us in.

And havent they been allies of the UNited states for a long long time. Not just this president. I was watching something on TV last night, and it had George Bush talking about how Turkey should not invade Iraq to get some terrorists that attacked them in Turkey, then they showed how Bush supported Israel when they were attacked from Lebanon. American politics and the war agenda is only their when it benefits the good of America not the world.

How many places in Africa has the American presence been in lets say the last 10 years? There has been a tone of killing there and there needs to be some peace keeping. Canada has been there. Afghanistan, poor poor country. America has sent a skeleton crew compared to Iraq, and that is where Bin Ladin is. Why did the American army go to Iraq, because there was more to gain in Iraq (money wise) than Afghanistan.

Name me one war that America has been in that did not benefit them politically or monetarily, or because America has been attacked. WWII, it was known what Hitlers attention was, but how long did it take America to join the war? There is no peace keeping, it is more or less hidden Imperialism.

I know the topic has changed, but I believe it is all related.

The video i linked is pretty good. I have run into Americans that have had the maple leaf on their jacket when they are in a foreign country. Why, because most of the world believes that the US is a bully. Maybe Canada is a pussy nation when it comes to an army, but we have been in a lot of major wars, and most of them we have been in from the start, and we stay till it is finished.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard