KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 9 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,358
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Sini 1
Popular Topics(Views)
2,079,670 Trump card
1,352,788 Picture Thread
486,551 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#13237 12/01/06 08:35 PM
Slinger Offline OP
Missing in Action - October 2021
OP Offline
Does anyone think it's too early to select race/territory/alignment/etc?

[Linked Image from zandadev.com]
Slinger #13238 12/01/06 08:58 PM
Nah, it would probably be wise to plan that ahead of time, since we don't want to run around unorganized wasting precious time in the beginning of beta because we didn't decide now.

They said that All Race All Class guilds are possible, but will be more difficult to manage (your city is going to have to be unguarded for example since one allignment's guards will KOS half your guild or so I've heard,) so I'd suggest sticking to one alignment. I don't think that there is an issue with multiple races or classes, so long as you're on the same side of the battle.

If we decide to be the dark-elves, we'd all have to be dark-elves since they are KOS to everyone (maybe unfriendly or neutral towards the Wolves/Orcs)

Other than them we can be Wolf/Orc or Humans/Elves/Dwarves.

Following that general theme of us usually playing as "the good guys" I'd rather play as Human/Elves/Dwarves, but I guess I'm biased since I also want to be a Wizard and Elves will probably have an advantage in that department. Also, who wants to look at the back of an orc all day? :P

BoS Archon
[Linked Image from miniprofile.xfire.com][Linked Image from sigimages.bf2tracker.com]
Slinger Offline OP
OP Offline
The only time I want to see the back of an Orc is when it's lying on the ground with my blade buried 10 inches deep into it.

I'm hoping we go with Elves/Dwarves/Humans because I think it will be most versatile.

I'd also like to get a good look at the DF map and try to decide where we want to be located...

Slinger #13240 12/01/06 09:20 PM
Oh yeah, forgot to speak about location. There's a map lying around here somewhere right?

I'd like to find a location near a river preferably. Since naval travel is implemented in this game owning a river will actually be valuable. I'd like to have a fort on the mouth of a river, and our capital further up river and a little bit away from the actual river.

The reason for this is that if we just place our territory inland and our enemies control the mouth of the river we'd have to fight every time we want to go to sea. Even if a neutral guild controls the mouth, they may charge a toll for being allowed to peacefully enter and leave the river. On the other hand, if we control the mouth we can do the same thing.

A fort at the mouth would ensure that we can defend that territory.

On the other hand, having our city inland protects it a little bit more; if it were to be on the delta any ship coming from any direction could attack it. If we were to place it very far upstream we'd have ample warning of an incoming attack, and they'd only be coming from one direction.

Maybe having the capital on a mountain or hill would be the best option strategically (or maybe on some sort of peninsula in a large lake or something like that where we can make sure that all foot soldiers would come from one direction and they wouldn't have access to boats with which they could flank us.

BoS Archon
[Linked Image from miniprofile.xfire.com][Linked Image from sigimages.bf2tracker.com]
Slinger Offline OP
OP Offline
Was there talk of us being pirates a while back?

Slinger #13242 12/01/06 09:46 PM
Nah not pirates, we'll definitely end up being pirate-hunters, since we usually protect the inocent from PKers when games' rules allow that sort of situation to happen.

On the other hand, I'd love to be a privateer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privateer) pretty much get permission directly from Jet during war-time to command a crew with the single purpose of hunting down and pillaging the enemies' ships.

I found a pretty nice map (http://bkbhq.com/darkfall/map/map.html), if you click on the red dots (capital cities) a window pops up describing the city. The title (bold, top of the window) says what race's city it is. You can also click on the 4 islands aroound Agon.

Cities:
Sanguine: Human
Shoal: Alfar (Dark Elf)
Charybdis: Mirdain (Elf)
Red Moon: Mahirim (Wolves)
Ymir's Tear: Dwarves
Flaming Skull: Orks (typo?)

Islands:
Niflheim: Snowy
Yssam: Jungle
Cairn: Arid
Rubaiyat: Desert

I'd say to have a territory in Mirendil or Mercia (Elven and Human lands respectively) since they look like they'll be grasslands (Mercia more so, Mirendil has the same look as Yssam which is jungle) so it'd be easiest to design a town (can you imagine building in the few spots allowed by a dense forest?) and easiest on the eyes (you want to stare at shining white sands and hear howling winds all day while at home? I personally don't.)

Problem is I can't really find nice-looking rivers ... anywhere really. Mirendil's delta is HUGE, but it does have a thin river that pierces into what seems to be jungle (not sure if it'd be wise to build there.

Mercia has a peninsula connected to land by a small isthmus right below its border with the orc lands. The isthmus would be ideal for protecting against land attacks, but the peninsula is so in the middle of the ocean that we'd probably be very vulnerable.

Mercia also seems to have a nice river possibly leading into a small mountain range (near Aincourt) but do you guys want to build close to an NPC city? ... Who knows just how close it is though.

I'll post an image of all of this stuff in a sec.

BoS Archon
I also circled two islands that might be decent, possibly safe spots (hard to get to as long as we keep their boats at bay.)

Problem with islands is we can't really have influence on much of the map if we restrict ourselves to islands.

BoS Archon
Slinger Offline OP
OP Offline
We'll want to consider resources like forests for lumber and mountains for mining... I'm too tired to look at a map right now, but being by a mountain, the ocean, and a forest would rock.

Slinger #13245 12/01/06 10:37 PM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Guys, tradition almost forces our hands to be Elves/Dwarves/Humans. You know all the idiots are going to be dark. You are goingto have to really present a strong arguement for me even to consider anything else.

As for the Navy thing, you guys know I am a boat fiend. I am looking forward to that part!

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
JetStar #13246 12/02/06 12:41 AM
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
i didnt know there were dark elves in DFO... the w0rd you are looking for is alfar and they are a single faction race.

you cant really spot out locations until we get a chance to test many other mechanics or factors that may be involved.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard