KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 45 guests, and 21 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,037,492 Trump card
1,342,623 Picture Thread
481,244 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Mitch McConel won primary nomination. I couldn't think of anyone more "establishment" that him.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
You were saying?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-eric-cantor-loss-analysis-20140611,0,527880.story

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
http://davebratforcongress.com/issues/

A bit about the guy. Not going to be loved by the left, but seems like a decent enough fellow.

Certainly better than Eric Cantor, seeing him defeated is such a glorious thing.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
I am not yet sure what will come out of this. Democrats now actually get a shot at capturing the seat.

Fist, Cantor's defeat isn't exactly achievement of 'institutionalized' Tea Party, none of the PAC/organization supported Brat before the upset.

Second, Cantor is far right and as obstructionist as it gets. Only Ted Cruz would be right of him. Just look at his voting record.

Third, if GOP decides that take-home is to turn even more right, then we will soon have one-party system, and that will be Very Bad.

What I hope take-home message going to be that shameless whoring to corporate interests and mindless populist obstructionism could get punished by voters. That this upset is anti-Congress vote and not yet another hard right shift.

What I intellectually know take home message going to be is fear that would result in more obstructionism, more grandstanding, and even less effective government.

[Linked Image]
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

"Institutionalized" Tea Party is a misnomer in the first place.

It doesnt exist as such. This guy is part of what I have claimed the Tea Party is, in many areas of the country. Not what you would have called the AstroTurf Tea Party.

The bottom line is a top 3 power figure of the pro-NSA War Party was primaried by a Austrian economist liberty candidate.

When similar pushback starts occurring with members of the other party who are selling the country down the creek like Cantor was, wake me up ok?

Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Originally Posted By: Sini
I am not yet sure what will come out of this. Democrats now actually get a shot at capturing the seat.

Fist, Cantor's defeat isn't exactly achievement of 'institutionalized' Tea Party, none of the PAC/organization supported Brat before the upset.

Second, Cantor is far right and as obstructionist as it gets. Only Ted Cruz would be right of him. Just look at his voting record.

Third, if GOP decides that take-home is to turn even more right, then we will soon have one-party system, and that will be Very Bad.

What I hope take-home message going to be that shameless whoring to corporate interests and mindless populist obstructionism could get punished by voters. That this upset is anti-Congress vote and not yet another hard right shift.

What I intellectually know take home message going to be is fear that would result in more obstructionism, more grandstanding, and even less effective government.

You should break out of the left-right dichotomy. Really. I'm being serious here.

Its kind of funny though seeing the MSM jumping all over this guy, been seeing lots of misrepresentations. But this is what happens when an outsider primaries a member of the Ultra Corrupt Political Class.

Just the other day you were agreeing that Cantor was one of the guys who should be impeached, particularly over the NSA issue. So an anti-NSA guy primaries him and you can just talk about it through prism of left-right "obstruction" politics?

Cmon man.

Also, this shows that money isnt everything.

Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Don't get me wrong, I am cheering for Cantor getting turfed. Couldn't have happened to more deserving guy.

What I am not cheering is inevitable knee-jerk reaction from the rest of Cantor-like politicians that will turn harder right instead of turning "pro-people". They will try to appeal to Crazy wing of TP instead of more reasonable Libertarian wing of TP.

More of obstruction politics is an unintended side effect of otherwise good thing.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

I guess part of it is I dont like the term "obstruction" bandied about. Its not relevant in its own context. It all depends on what is being obstructed.

As far as how Cantors type reacts.. well... you might have a point. But nothing good can or should be expected from those types anyhow. They do what they do, and one can only hope they end up on the wrong side of their own primary at some point.

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
You really don't understand the Tea Party. It is not an institution. Many people from all over the country supported David Brat and made calls for him from their homes. That is what the Tea Party is.

Wow, you must swim in the kool-aid every day.

Your prognostication abilities have proven to be less than perfect so I won't hold my breath for your Democrat only system.

Once again you're proving that you really know nothing about the Tea Party. That's what they've been screaming from the rooftops, but all the media does is look for "broken snake" flags and nazi nut-bags to point at and say "see look, this is the Tea Party."

Our government would be pretty damn hard pressed to be less effective.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard