KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 32 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Binbs
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,030,277 Trump card
1,340,243 Picture Thread
478,677 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
I noticed that too Derid, that why I included "policy" bit in my comments. I decided not to post this in that other thread, because nobody is reading anything there and just shouting at the screen.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Considering what the average quality of life looks like at 70 and beyond, I don't wish to live that long anyway.

KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Surprisingly, humanity is rather adaptive to circumstances. For example average long term happiness of a quadriplegic is about the same as a normal person. This unintuitive observations allows us to extrapolate to old age - chances are you will be happy and productive in your 70s, despite the fact that you'd be rather miserable if you were suddenly wake up tomorrow and find yourself 70.

[Linked Image]
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Forbes: New Data Suggests Obamacare Is Actually Bending The Healthcare Cost Curve

Thanks to Obama, we are now living in post-truth, post-empirical evidence era of conservatism so none of this would register.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
"To be sure, a big part of the decline in healthcare spending is the result of the recession’s impact on people’s ability to lay out cash on health related expenditures. "

Hmm. Might want to read the related articles regarding IRS rulings and predictions as well as examining the actual article again.

So, Obamacare "might" be contributing to some cost reductions - though of course the bulk of the implementation is yet to arrive. Seems a bit early to be talking up Obamacare and dismissing skepticism as somehow "post-truth".

You are free to have your own opinion, you are not however free to have your own facts.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: sini
Forbes: New Data Suggests Obamacare Is Actually Bending The Healthcare Cost Curve

Thanks to Obama, we are now living in post-truth, post-empirical evidence era of conservatism so none of this would register.

Oh well this is great news... so now tell me how come my fucking Insurance went up? Forbes is full of shit, along with anyone that believes that bullshit.

Let everyone buy Insurance across state lines, that alone would curb costs more than Obamacare ever would. Reality is a bitch, especially if you live in fantasy land aye Sini!

KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Derid
"Seems a bit early to be talking up Obamacare and dismissing skepticism as somehow "post-truth".

At the same time last year wasn't too early to blame Obamacare for raising premiums? How interesting.

[Linked Image]
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Wolfgang
Oh well this is great news... so now tell me how come my fucking Insurance went up?

You smoke, you drink, you are overweight, high risk of cancer? You are one year older now?
Likely explanation is that your employer decided to cut costs and reduce contributions under the cover of Obamacare hysteria.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: sini
Originally Posted By: Wolfgang
Oh well this is great news... so now tell me how come my fucking Insurance went up?

You smoke, you drink, you are overweight, high risk of cancer? You are one year older now?
Likely explanation is that your employer decided to cut costs and reduce contributions under the cover of Obamacare hysteria.

Insurance cost increase was across the board for everyone. I'm not a smoker, nor am I a constant drinker. No reason for it to jump the way it did.
Just some more bullshit exscuses Get real, Obamacare is a joke even you liberal/progressives know this. But you're stuck on stupid for some reason. I don't know, maybe your mother didn't hug you enough.

Like I said and will continue to say, Open up Insurance across state lines and lets see some business competition between Insurance. You will see REAL cost drop or at the very least stay the same. Competition drives costs down, If you didn't know that, I almost feel sorry for you... ALMOST!

Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Healthcare premiums at my company jumped double digit percentages.... same with other companies I am aware of. My company gives public breakdown of costs, their costs rose quite a bit - they only passed on a minority of increased costs.

*Perhaps* it is possible that something in Obamacare is, for the nonce, helping insurance companies pay out less money. However it certainly has not been reflected in the premiums for anyone I have yet spoken with.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard