KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 45 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,041,451 Trump card
1,343,964 Picture Thread
481,755 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
I am with Derid, abortion is a wedge issue that has nothing to do with running the country with all the existing people in it.

[Linked Image]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
if abortion had been left up to the states, it wouldnt even be a wedge issue. roe v wade is what created this mess. federal government flouting the 10th amendment.

also, i bet you wouldnt consider it a wedge issue if it was illegal, and the pro abortion crowd were the protesters

these social wedge issues that many of you dismiss become precedent. the proverbial slippery slope.

where do you guys stand on partial birth abortion? i think if you are honest with yourselves you will see that it is a despicable practice. my solution is do the abortion, sterilize the mother.

KGB Darkfall
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Originally Posted By: Owain
Derid says, "...the GOP and Dems are the same in all but name..."

Except for things like abortion, health care, size of government, taxes, welfare, defense spending, entitlements, government spending, and probably a number of things I'm forgetting.

If they were exactly the same, legislation would be passing by unanimous consent. Since it's not, I'm guessing they're not.

even the one man with a plan- Ryan- said that instead of growing government 4.5% he and Romney would only grow it 3% per year.

no one says they will deport illegals
no one says they will close a bunch of military bases
no one says they will slash spending
no one says they will invoke some sort of protectionism
no one says they will end free trade
both say but wont hold china accountable for its egregious piracy etc
no one will face the reality that we are at war with islam
no one will deal with the civil war in mexico
both sides' cronies will enrich themselves

the list goes on and on. there are far more similarities than differences. if i werent already at the voting booth to try to reign in my union and prevent more taxes at the local and state level, i wouldnt bother

KGB Darkfall
Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

I agree abortion should have been left to the states. It should be fought out at the state level not the national level.

I dont know that you are right about whether I would call it a wedge issue if it was illegal. I really dont think its that important, theres like 15 current issues that are drastically more important.

I dont like partial birth abortion, or late term abortions. But I also dont think a single cell, or even a lump of cells that cannot live as a human is a human. If common sense reigned, it would be a State issue, and first trimester abortions would be legal in every state, third trimester abortions illegal, and the middle ground would vary by the best judgement of each state. If common sense reigned, anyhow.

I pretty much agree with your second post, except the war with Islam part. I can say I dont really care for Islam, but if we didnt poke our nose into their business... I honestly think they would be way to busy killing each other to ever bother us.

Reagan did the sensible thing after Beirut bombing, and said "ok lets GTFO". If we just let them kill each other and left it all alone, the constant strife will keep them weak for another several hundred years.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Derid
I can say I dont really care for Islam, but if we didnt poke our nose into their business... I honestly think they would be way to busy killing each other to ever bother us.

Agree.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: sini
Originally Posted By: Derid
I can say I dont really care for Islam, but if we didnt poke our nose into their business... I honestly think they would be way to busy killing each other to ever bother us.

Agree.

I'm sure they would just leave us alone... Tell me again why Jefferson had to send the Marines to Tripoli?

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

They did that for money. Back before we even had a Navy. After the second Barbary war in 1815, never bugged us again for a long long time. In fact they still dont as a general rule, except for handfuls of fanatics.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: sini
I am surprised you so violently object to this article, from where I stand it was complimenting Romney. He is certainly undeserving being compared/associated with Reagan.

I am busting your balls son.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard