KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 25 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Bandit, hydr
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,032,671 Trump card
1,341,933 Picture Thread
479,472 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Originally Posted By: sinij
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
How about the fact that putting food on the table is more important than a health care plan.

You don't get to decide this. Actually, you don't get to decide that some member of society get to live undignified lives in poverty lacking basic necessities.

Americans won't do these jobs because you can't survive in America doing these jobs. Unlike some seasonal workers, they don't get to go home and live at much, much lower cost of living most of the year.

I am still waiting for the list of "jobs Americans won't do", because I will really make you own up to it.

Where the fuck does it say a phone is needed for basic surivial? How the hell did a cave man surivive with out a phone? Hell the way your talking Sinij life did not start till phones were invented. You did not get to decide that a phone is a basic need of life. How ever I chanllge you to go a week with out a phone, then go a week with out any food.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Prism
GET A JOB FREELOADERS !!

Doing what?
How about those 12 million jobs that "Americans just won't do"?

Any of these jobs provide health coverage? Well, there are always emergency rooms. What about retirement plans? How about an ability to rent a place where a family could live, plus grandparents because they have no retirement savings?

I want you to actually list/specify these jobs, because "12 million jobs that Americans just won't do" is an empty conservative talking point.

So every job in the US should come with a retirement plan, a place to rent with room for your grandparents next to an emergency room that give free health care that nobody needs to pay for.
How do YOU propose to pay for all the benifits.
I assume you want everyone to make the same amount of money lets say 50 bucks an hour. So the guy who sweeps the floor should make the same as the guy who starts the broom factory.
Your ideas of how you want the world to work would be a complete failure.

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
How about the fact that putting food on the table is more important than a health care plan.

You don't get to decide this. Actually, you don't get to decide that some member of society get to live undignified lives in poverty lacking basic necessities.

Americans won't do these jobs because you can't survive in America doing these jobs. Unlike some seasonal workers, they don't get to go home and live at much, much lower cost of living most of the year.

I am still waiting for the list of "jobs Americans won't do", because I will really make you own up to it.

If providing food and shelter for yourself and your family isn't your number one priority then you have bigger problems than a government handout. Who gets to decide what constitutes a dignified life? You can most certainly obtain all of life basic necessities on a minimum wage job, or two. I've done it, so you don't get to sit in your ivory tower and tell me what can and cannot be done in your estimation.

I have very close ties to the migrant workers in this country and, while some do rotate in seasonally (mostly out west), many stay here year round working in chicken plants, hotels, agriculture, lawn care, sanitation, construction, etc. where the businesses often provide ESL classes for the workers and Spanish classes for the managers. Oh, and those that stay here year round, don't live on minimum wage. They live on MUCH less because they send over half of their earnings home.

Most of these jobs are unpleasant but you can earn enough to live. Obviously you've never held more than one job at a time or you'd realize that it is possible to work multiple jobs, educate yourself, and move up or move out of a crappy job. If you have experienced this then your racism is showing (to use your logic) in your belief that others are incapable of the same effort.

We have all seen what Daye describes and it is gut wrenching.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
In my experience, business owners and hiring managers prefer immigrant labor to unskilled domestic labor, because the immigrants work harder and are more reliable.

Also, especially in hard agriculture - often the immigrants make well above minimum wage. At many produce and tobacco fields people are compensated by the amount and quality of what you pick for example. Its obviously seasonal, but while many domestic workers do not even complete the harvest - industrious immigrants can make 30-40 bucks an hour. And they will do it from first to last light. And they totally bust their asses.

You dont see that very often from domestic workers. Ironically, because most american born people who bust their asses that hard have long since been able to move on to more comfortable employment.

In my experience, immigrant labor is actually not favored because its cheaper. But because its more reliable. Obviously this various considerably by situation, occupation, etc

Of course in a down economy, people complain that immigrants are taking up the jobs. Which... is partially true. Going by macro scale averages, your unskilled immigrant labor provides far more value per dollar spent.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: JetStar
Yeah Prism, cause welfare and food stamps is such and EASY life!

It must be 48% of America is on some sort of Government assistance. And people wonder why we have gotten fat and lazy!

Missing in Action - October 2021
Missing in Action - October 2021
Originally Posted By: Wolfgang
Originally Posted By: JetStar
Yeah Prism, cause welfare and food stamps is such and EASY life!

It must be 48% of America is on some sort of Government assistance. And people wonder why we have gotten fat and lazy!

Agreed !

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Helemoto
So every job in the US should...

Should allow you to make a living with your honest work. Isn't this what GOP is all about?

[Linked Image]
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Who gets to decide what constitutes a dignified life?

This is fairly simple - pyramid of basic needs is well defined. Shelter, food, clothing, healthy living. Without these basic needs democracy cannot exist.

[Linked Image]
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: RedKGB

Where the fuck does it say a phone is needed for basic survival?

I clearly wasn't talking about the phone.

[Linked Image]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Originally Posted By: RedKGB

Where the fuck does it say a phone is needed for basic survival?

I clearly wasn't talking about the phone.

you did not elude to that, all you did was tell katoci that he doesnt get to choose what other people get for basic nessactiys. Also this is on a thread talking about a woman and a phone, so yes, it is infered.

So are you going to go a week with out a phone and then a week with out food?

Do you deny that Obama was voted in with white voters?

Do you deny you use the race card as a way to derail a topic due to not being to support your poisition?

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard