KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 43 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,037,373 Trump card
1,342,611 Picture Thread
481,220 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#104941 09/14/12 08:36 AM
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
SO YOU WANNA BE A KGB KNIGHT?

Originally Posted By: sinij
People might ask: “Why should I bother going through a lengthy application process when I am already playing with KGB?” After all, you don’t need to go through the process if you only interested in playing GW2 with us. Well, there are multiple good reasons, let me briefly touch on major ones.

First, KGB is more than a GW2 clan - we are a community of gamers that play all kinds of games together. Guild Wars 2 is new and exciting, but in KGB history it is just one chapter, with many already written and many more to come. Many of us have played together since the dawn of MMOs, starting with Ultima Online. We still will be playing together when the flying cars arrive. By joining KGB you are reserving your access to all future KGB chapters.

Second, joining KGB will open up many ways and opportunities for you to get involved in both leadership and political activities. If you want to have a say in what future holds for KGB you need to be a full KGB member to have your voice heard. We take KGB membership seriously - anything above the rank-and-file is off-limits to non-members.

As to myself - I have played with KGB since Ultima Online, joined sometimes in the late 90s. One of my cherished memories is the fall of first KGB city - Sanctuary, back when we played Shadowbane on Treachery server. We have put a lot of hard work into building our city, then fought really hard against an unprovoked attack and had it all taken away from us by a foe in a position of power. What looked like an irrecoverable defeat set in motion events that culminated in KGB leading an alliance of guilds that brought down an empire that put a yoke on Treachery. I have seen Sanctuary burn, and I have seen our enemies crushed and their empire crumbling. This is what it means to be KGB, and this is why you should apply.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Thank you Jet, if I knew my post make front page I'd spend more time proofreading it. Now my poor grammar is immortalized. The shame of it all...

Random advice to future applicants:

To start application process you can follow THIS LINK (also featured on The Oracle). We do read, discuss and vote on all applications, so please put some effort into completing it since in most circumstances this will be first, but only contact many of us would have with you.

When I read an application I look for following things:
a) What games have you played in the past - someone with extensive resume of games are likely to be a better player, if only by virtue of being past the point of making all the common mistakes
b) What kind of person are you - KGB is a community first, gaming clan second. Tell us a little bit about what kind of person are you.
c) What kind of gamer are you - at least briefly describe what are your expectations of KGB, why you want to join us and play games with us. Look at this as a reversed application process, where we apply to be your gaming clan and you describe what you want us to be.

Good luck!

[Linked Image]
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
On getting sponsor.

There is absolutely no standard or set of rules on sponsorship. Some people will simply agree to sponsor you, others would want to go through an informal interview. You are also not limited to asking one person - feel free to "shop around" for a sponsor and find someone you feel comfortable with.

Sponsorship is not meant to be barrier to entry - all you have to do is to convince single KGB member that you are a good addition to our guild. The easiest way to get a sponsor is just play with us, get on vent, get into WvW and PvE groups. The best recommendation any sponsor could give you is "I've played with this person".

[Linked Image]
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
If you have grouped with my you can hit me up for sponsorship. I can only sponsor one at a time, but willing to support recruits who are running GW2 with us especially in group and vent.

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard