KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 32 guests, and 21 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Raist
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,020,686 Trump card
1,339,216 Picture Thread
478,047 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/z1c9z/i_am_barack_obama_president_of_the_united_states/

I'd have asked - Mr. President, as a democratic voter I am concerned with extra-judicial killing of US Citizens via drone strikes. Why have you felt such drastic measures were justified and how do you plan to prevent this from happening in the future?

Last edited by sinij; 08/29/12 04:08 PM.

[Linked Image]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Originally Posted By: sinij
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/z1c9z/i_am_barack_obama_president_of_the_united_states/

I'd have asked - Mr. President, as a democratic voter I am concerned with extra-judicial killing of US Citizens via drone strikes. Why have you felt such drastic measures were justified and how do you plan to prevent this from happening in the future?

[clap]

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Reddit? Really? It is amazing the lengths to which this guy will go to be able to say he gives the media access without actually doing it.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
That is true, I still rember them telling the reporters what they can ask and when they can ask it. When they complained about it, the White house said to bad, if you want to sit in the room, you got to play by our rules.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
most
transparent
administration
evah

good question. i think kidnapping someone from yemen, putting them on trial for treason, and executing them would do WAY more, symbolically. to show our foes that we are implacable than a drone strike.
seriously

side question for you all: do you think a treason charge would stick in an undeclared war? im not so sure...

Last edited by Cheerio; 08/29/12 08:46 PM.

KGB Darkfall
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Treason is treason to me. Regradless if it is given China blueprints for missiles. To a soldier that gives a chemical suite to a russian agent. Treason is the act of given state secerts or property to help other nations to be able to one day if desired to attack and harm the US. It is also treason to me to cordanite attacks and actions that have a direct purpose of killing people from your own country.

We have a system setup for trying people for this purpose, and with this admin setting the stage to kill Americans becouse they felt they were a danger, throws the door wide open for an abusive police state to form. The fact that it was upheld by the SC points to a future where canada or austrlia is starting to look like an option.

Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Treason can stick, but you cant get the death penalty for it except in wartime if I recall correctly. So, hopefully no, noone would be put to death for treason in an undeclared war... because if congress hasnt declared war, then legally and morally speaking we are not at war. Even though many like to pretend otherwise so they can do whatever the fuck they want.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
if we arent at war, do we have an enemy? i am coming at this from a constitutional perspective. war powers dont apply if theres no war

KGB Darkfall
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Originally Posted By: Cheerio
if we arent at war, do we have an enemy? i am coming at this from a constitutional perspective. war powers dont apply if theres no war

Treason can still happen with out war happening.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Tip:

Don't try and use the rules against the very folks who write the rules. You'll find it to be a waste of time.

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard