Originally Posted By: sinij
Ismash,

I will be blunt. In the current state of affairs, following KGB is even less helpful than leaving someone in newbie lands. MS is a revolving door of apathetic 'alliance' and constant rowing red ganks. I don't even know why we are in this alliance, but that is entirely different topic for a different thread.

Not to disrespect Prism's admirable achievements, but gridning salamanders won't get you meditation gold, reg gold or regs or enough HPs to not die in 1 hit. Even maxed melee mastery won't get you anywhere near combat ready. You need gold to meditate stats and magic skills, or you need gold to buy regs to macro stats and magic skills.

The game is at least a quarter easy than it was a year ago.
An year ago you probably would get interrupt twice more times by a gang of reds interrupting anything whoever you were doing.

The alliance thing you will not get(understand), because we are playing this game for almost 2 years and had partner up with dozens of different guilds and its really a different topic.

If you cannot skill up now, get gold and etc, right now, I do not know what to talk to you, because people were able to do that in the past and it was more painfull that it was now, and was too a reason to people quit.

Darkfall is a painful experience, a challenge beyond any game made before, I can say is not fun for newer players(and people used to the mmo thematic park), the concept of full loot with few resources to skill up, together with FPS skill level and slowly MMO advancement,get the conflict of skill up to a new level.

Maybe is that the objective of the developers of this game, or you get the challenge of skill up slowyly and painfully for more than a year or just give up, on this problematic game.

What you want to do with your limited freetime,
Play a painfull niche game with few people? I do not think so. Only fewer people can do that or want to do that, maybe they are Sadomasochism or whatever, and even when people want take this challenge when they had a good developed toon, they become aware that they still are completely destroyed by other player, or other group of players, and finally quit, because beyond any grind, DF takes more than any other MMO that I played, and like you I played several others MMOs.

Honestly I do not know why I still playing DF, I think is because the challenge, Im intellectually challenged by this game, mabye Ill not stop until I master all human players skills and group coordination skills to be succefull(my brother and my cousin still skilling up). Maybe I quit like the others blaming this or that or giving a lame excuse like others, who knows!

Do not take personally, but I could bet if you or other KGBers were give a fully leveled maxed char in DF, you end quit in 1 month later, blamming another broken aspect of the game.

Ex. Vuldan,Wolfang,Mor lander,Donk,Darka,Represent,Jaguar..the list is huge, they all had more than ready pvp chars(most of they grinded for 2 year, daily), they all left DF blamming one or other broken aspect of the game. In the final, they had no more fun, or got pwned by kids too many times, and decided that was enough, after all grind and time spent.

Can you compete with kids that have 24/7 hours to play in a full loot, high level human skill game,flooded with bugs and bad mechanics?
Vuldan,Wolfgang,Donk,Darka like you they had normal life, jobs, family etcs.. If hypothetically they had all time like the powerhouse members guilds TSL,Sick bastards and the reds that come do harassment on us everyday, the history would end different.

Can we blame you or them, for not have fun in the game?
NO. So time to move on.

Last edited by Mithus; 05/03/11 04:11 AM.

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com]