Also, I would go for the Program/Analyst

Its easy enough to self study and get your network certs, having an AS is not going to help much.

Personally, my advice for what little it is worth: go and do the AS for P/A - try to get good grades, then transfer to your local Uni (even online ) to finish a 4-year BS. At the very least, minor in business - unless you go the other route and head for full blown computer engineering.

At least if you want one of those stable corporate jobs.

Really I would say just do the AS and go from there. If you really get "in" to the programming aspect and have talent go full CE. If you are OK at the programming side, and can cut it but its not your "calling" finish up with more business classes.

Just like companies need super geeks that can hack out mad code or organize their network, companies also need people who understand both the business processes and the coding side of things. Most times, having the best understanding of what your project is for, who will be using it, why they will be using it and where it fits into the grand scheme of your companies IT platform is far more valuable than being the worlds best code monkey.

After finding a job, if you take that track and are ambitious - work on your MBA at night or online. Many companies value having lower and mid tier managers that have strong technical qualifications in addition to management credentials.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)