Interesting and accurate to a point. Let me say that skill is part of it, and regardless of Jeffer's perspective, a new player, with a rank 0 weapon CAN defeat a seasoned player, depending on luck, and the gear of the seasoned player. If of course the seasoned player is smart, and is geared, you betcha, your gonna lose your hiney.

And do not fool yourself, I run around 90% of the time in armor with 100 truforge 100 skill..sadly low mastery, but still with durabilities that are high as hell, level 40 weapons and such, and when fighting again someone with higher level weapons I feel the pain..and without good food and pots, I lose. Skill is important, perhaps not as important as stats on armor and weapons, but important none the less.

I suggest you work on all the factors and practice when you are not running into a corner, swimming in circles or beating friends afk on a bloodwall..practice fighting, mounted, dismounted, ranged and close..raise parry at all costs as this will frustrate the hell out of archers and can stave off some magic attack damage..and kill enemies and take their stuff.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]