Tas is right and more to the point, there is a huge difference between legacy armor and todays modern fighting machines, That is why the Abrams is so potent, it's use and it's design far outclass older armor designs such as depicted above. Though the Abrams Chabham armor is top secret to some degree we do know that it is made up of several layers of other materials and componets such as ceramics, and dense alloys. It is safe to assume there is also a reactive element there as well, however when you look at a Abrams do you see the explosive packs? No, so one must ask where are they, and if there isn't any reactive armor then how could a Abrams survive a explosive-energy shape charge? My money is on a hidden layer, a reactive composite, either that or what they've done is make the explosive panel much flatter and wider such that it appears as a plate of armor.

As a post note, some think that the Abrams armor has a suppressive foam or gelatin to disperse heat and kinetic force as might be in a shape charge or massive energy discharge, this gelatin is inert and has a sealant property, but that is wild speculation.

Last edited by Drakiis; 09/03/09 02:08 PM.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]