They're releasing too early. Almost everyone in the official beta forums was asking Aventurine to delay release. The world is for the most part empty, some systems can be assumed to be unfinished (magic, but it's such a grind to get to higher levels, who knows!). The game however is stable, it has a LOT of potential to improve and the devs have shown themselves to be responsive to the player base on REAL issues rather than fluff, flavor of the month complaints...

If you were a UO player, and by such I mean one that enjoyed and spent a great deal of time in UO...I think you'll like the game as you already understand the "sandbox" environment.

If you're used to a fairly defined and linear progression in a MMOG, it's going to be tough at first and you'll have to protect yourself from making the assumption the game is boring or pointless since there is nothing REQUIRED. There are very few quests, etc...

I do agree the crew we have in game can guarantee some good times. Most of the old school PvP guilds are coming into the game...should be some good battles whether the game burns out or the devs pull it out!