Well... managing updates and drivers isnt at all difficult on XP, so I wouldnt call it much of an advantage.

In any case, XP doesnt perform that well in the virst place, and you can expect signifigantly less performance in terms of FPS on Vista.

Thats an insanely good reason for anyone not to switch over. You are literally paying MS a heap of cash, to kill the performance of your machine. Its insanity. Thats aside all the other issues.

And yes you will miss those frames, not off the top end, but off the bottom. 35 ave FPS as opposed to 45 means average- your going to bottom out around 10 as opposed to 20
during lagfest.

Vista has about the same type of appeal as an I-mac. It looks "stylish" and such, some people like the look and "feel" , but either way your saddling yourself with a pile of shit.

Yes yes, DX10... blah blah. As Tomshardware proved with, I think it was Crysis? By hacking it up a little, the DX9 look was identical to the DX10... if DX10 is better, nothing is showing it yet. Nicer look for some games coincides with new generation of GFX hardware, not DX10- devs just made the switch around the same time for various reasons.