I think it would be fun to re-read this in a couple years. Here are my predictions for 2018, feel free to respond with yours, but lets try to keep this thread to your own predictions.

2018 will bring us:

* Credible attempt to impeach Trump. As of right now, I see 25% chance of it succeeding. However, a set of unpredictable events can drastically increase the odds of successful impeachment. If Trump is charged, Pence will not pardon him as he doesn't want to suffer Ford's fate.
* Conclusion of Mueller investigation, he will charge a number of people in Trump's inner circle, maybe even Jared, for financial fraud, and Trump will issue pardons. Evidence of Russia meddling will remain circumstantial.
* 2018 elections will give democrats control of Senate and very close to 50/50 split of congress.
* Bitcoin bubble will pop, contagion will savage tech stocks like Amazon, Tesla and so on.
* NAFTA will still be under negotiation, but not actually repealed or amended.
* Ryan will lose a set of policy fights early in 2018 and resign in protest, this will start revolving door of speakers. I predict 2018 will be the year of multiple speakers.
* SCOTUS will hear NN case, will uphold repeal. Major ISP, like Comcast, will get busted throttling consumer traffic, decrypting HTTPs traffic and injecting adds into all web browsing.

[Linked Image]