Indeed, it was a LOT of fun flying around with Hydr in the mini-PU! Time certainly flies when you are having fun, I lost track of time as well!

I ended up picking up enough aUEC to buy a nifty red space suit and we had some adventures/mis-adventures flying around the mini-verse together. Hydr is right, once you get the feel for things it is a lot of fun! I definitely have more fun working as a group and doing things together instead of logging in and playing by myself.

The new "insurance" mechanic seems pretty cool as well. You can't get a big ship, go out, get blown up - rise/repeat. There is now a "timer" counting down on ships that you blow up - so you have to pick a different ship, wait on the timer, or pay an amount in aUEC to get the same ship back again. This definitely cut down the ship-griefing going on in the mini-PU! Still need to work on what gives you a "criminal count" as we ended up picking up a count on occasion while "defending ourselves" (successfully).

They remapped the controls for flight/FPS to overlay "better". It will definitely take some time getting used to the new controls, but I plan on printing them out which should make it easier (not having to refer to them in-game). There has also be a lot of development discussion about joystick support/updates - so there may be new joystick profiles/etc loaded, will need to check that out as well!

Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
- Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers