You have a year to do so for free. So unless there is a specific feature or the promise of slightly better game performance has you wanting to upgrade, you can hold off with no issue at all right now.

That said, simply installing a start menu modification makes the operating system 10x more useable and eliminates most of the problems that people are going to have with it, just as it did with Windows 8.

The most important thing is looking up drivers for your computer model and verifying that Windows 10 versions are available to support your hardware. Most PCs and laptops will upgrade just fine without problems. You may need to perform some upgrades or re-installation of various applications that were on your PC prior to the Windows 10 upgrade, but that's generally it.

If all goes as planned, you have the ability to downgrade back to Windows 7 for one month after you have performed the upgrade to 10. I have not tested this function myself, but it is there.

If you know how to install drivers and can handle an operating system well enough, you shouldn't have any real trouble getting 10 working nicely.

My biggest issue with the OS are the simplified menus that they include by default such as the display/resolution menu and personalization menus which are slightly different than in Windows 7. You can still locate the "advanced" versions in Control Panel, however. These menus aren't that big of an issue for most anyway as you won't spend most of your time in them. Use them once and you are generally done. The rest of your software should essentially function exactly like it does in Win 7.

-Hadrik Hardhammer, FFXIV | -Zsane, Archeage (Retired) | Steam: KGB Zane | E-mail: Zane@ecsinc.com | Currently on Tap: Empty Keg :(