Originally Posted By: Zhou
Vuldan, If they have the mats and want something made. Then I do agree it should be done. However, if they complain that you are not high enough or not focusing enough time on your respective craft they can go grind it out or buy it.

Crafting is a damn heavy money sink. I can't even add up the total costs Trion has gotten off me to acquire funds to keep that going. If I'm dropping cash on RMT to Trion, I'll do with it as I see fit. Just like I used it to buy a Galleon. With little to no donations to help craft gain, its just a constant money sink. Something I'm not going to continue to.

Go back and re-read my post. I completely, more than many I am certain, understand the costs associated with crafting. I did not ask you to give anything away free, however, I am not asking when I state emphatically that if you signed on for a primary crafting job and I have the mats for you to craft things for me (speaking in the third), then I expect that you will do so as soon as you can. Do not tell me what you will and wont do because your butt hurt over some words you misunderstood. I don't believe any primary crafter can state that I have not willingly and without expectation for recompense, donated to their cause.

Again, I am not stating give things away. I am stating that if your asked to do something, the mats are provided, then as the "primary" in an area, you should be ready to do it FIRST not secondary to your own game play. If you don't agree, that's fine, but it is going to continue to cause issue. Let me clear, I am NOT telling you how to play your game or spend your money. But if you ponied up to do a primary craft, then that is part of your responsibility to the guild. I have never asked anyone for donations or other to do farming for the guild, but I sure as hell could use it. Shatigon's Blessings would be great. But I have received nothing myself, except what I have put in as well. And I bet I have spent as much as you this time around. My point is that people are coming to me with the compaints I outlined above and they are concerns that need to be addressed. Tomorrow's meeting place is as good as any.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]