Tas they *say* things will get better.

I have found respec'ing does help but the grind on crafting, while possibly warranted, is a bigger grind. I don't mind working and grinding for something and seems the more I look at this and see the back and forth on the forums; it may be for the good.

Prior to 1.2, particular crafting prof's could race to the 10-20k within only weeks with help from others and partially cornering the market. Some were rumored to bringing in over 100g per day from doing simple tasks that really should be taking longer to first achieve and second completing either daily or weekly. These have stopped. The wild price gouges on particular items have slowed or stopped (possibly because people gave up) and it's slowly [the economy] is starting to settle down and now that more and more are catching up to those milestones [20-50k] you see lots more capitalistic movements where supply and demand start to mean something.

Again, I'm still grinding various crafting professions, namely tailoring and I just got to 5k to make my 30-40 suit. I can only make 1-2 pieces because of the other rare components [that are not easily found by anyone these days] so it means something when I'm able to make one. People are selling labor now so they are paying someone to cut their lumber, spin their fabric and this is emerging as it's own micro-economy.

It does still suck in places, not going to lie. Health and Mana regen are hard to overcome while grinding mobs for quests or otherwise. You now have to stop and wait, use instruments or actually use crafted food. Guess what, now cooking has fallen into one of the profs that no one used to do but now is needed by all.

So, I'll continuing playing and at first, when getting waxed by everything and giving up a few times, I respec'ed and learned to play better. I still have issues, everyone does, but it's an evolution and they say things will change with the next patch. Their hands are tied for actually doing anything but they are in talks with XL and really if they [XL] wants this to success as much as Trion states; they have to bend a bit and in doing so may make things better over time.

I don't feel I've lost my 150$ but, for now, feel now it's an investment in something that was good but a race to who can make XXX gold to strategically finding what niche's are out there and fighting for something you believe in.

Cheers,
~Icky

btw, I'm Xanthian on Alpha server if anyone wants to PM me or something.. :)