What backpedaling?

Pointing out that you turn the act of posting nonsense into an artform is hardly backpedaling.

As usual the evidence does not support your conclusions, typical state of affairs.

/shrug

I really, really, really suggest you go back to that link I posted before and pick up a copy of Rosetta Stone for English. Perhaps once you learn what the term backpedaling actually means, you can come back and edit your post so as to be less embarrassing for yourself.

Oh, and the fact is that yes the observations contained in that link are symbolic of a very valid data point regarding the actual effects of Big Govt. The fact that some rules at times serve a purpose does not invalidate the concept that going overboard and mismatching rules with punishments is conducive to creating an environment where people become more concerned with meeting the letter of the rules than addressing the underlying issues the rules were supposed to address in the first place.

But I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you know this. Which begs the question as to why after talking something resembling sense, you choose to turn around and make an ass of yourself.. twice.

I have a good idea of what is driving it actually. Though I will save it for now, and see if you feel like digging yourself a little deeper first.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)