The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Chez 3.0 is live, open to all backers - 12/24/17 01:27 AM
It would be cool to try to meet up sometime. Its easier to join a server with friends now as well.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/download
Posted By: Romeo_Montague Re: 3.0 is live, open to all backers - 12/24/17 05:05 PM
I know a couple were running around together yesterday and got into some salty shenanigans over some cargo heh.
I wasn't able to get out of the in-game bed till later in the evening, just kept cycling me back into it.

Believe they were using TS yesterday to group up and some were meeting up via KGB Slack.
Posted By: doggernaut Re: 3.0 is live, open to all backers - 12/25/17 04:13 AM
^^

It lives...
Posted By: Instrument Re: 3.0 is live, open to all backers - 12/25/17 01:35 PM
best to spend some time adding the Guild roster into you contacts this way they will show up when you log into the "game"

Posted By: Chez Re: 3.0 is live, open to all backers - 12/26/17 01:23 AM
Good idea, I just added everyone in our org.
Posted By: Vuldan Re: 3.0 is live, open to all backers - 12/26/17 05:56 PM
I'm confused, tried to log in, can't seem to find my ships, the hangers are all empty and the destination doesn't work for me...did I miss something?
Posted By: Instrument Re: 3.0 is live, open to all backers - 12/26/17 07:24 PM
look for the blue dots on the floor, they are the spawn points the edgesa are for flair items the ones in the middile will spawn your ships
you used to have to press F when they are in the middle of the screen to open the menu , you may have to hold F now on click on the blue dot

but why play in your hanger go to the PU and spawn them their using the terminals in the first big room you enter again using F
Posted By: Tasorin Re: 3.0 is live, open to all backers - 12/26/17 10:59 PM
I am still holding my breath on my original backers Pirate Cutlass. That frame still needs some glass cannon love.

Next after that I would really like to see the Super Hornet (C) and the Retaliator get some much deserved frame attention.

Only real issue I have left to grind with those bozos is one final sweep of updating (people time) and balancing all the early ships that helped fund this project and then got left behind for that cunt's (CR's wife) PR agenda and "MOR $HIP $ALE$"!!
Posted By: Vuldan Re: 3.0 is live, open to all backers - 12/27/17 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by Tasorin
I am still holding my breath on my original backers Pirate Cutlass. That frame still needs some glass cannon love.

Next after that I would really like to see the Super Hornet (C) and the Retaliator get some much deserved frame attention.

Only real issue I have left to grind with those bozos is one final sweep of updating (people time) and balancing all the early ships that helped fund this project and then got left behind for that cunt's (CR's wife) PR agenda and "MOR $HIP $ALE$"!!

Yah, I was stunned at the number of new ships and crap I had not seen. I finally upgraded my Freelancer and orion...but damn...lol.

Thanks Instrument. And I cant tell you exactly why at this point, I have a monster machine on a monster internet connection in Texas and it runs like shit for me and wont ever even load some of the things.
Posted By: hydr Re: 3.0 is live, open to all backers - 12/28/17 06:40 PM
Instrument and me ran around a bit yesterday, was pretty fun. It's nice to see cargo in ships now and some other functions online. I glitched out of his Starfarer while we were heading to Grim Hex later, unfortunately my character was also bugged and couldn't eva back over to his ship after we spent 10 mins on a rescue operation to get the ship back near me again and ended up on the wind shield haha!

Vuldan a lot of people with monster machines are not able to run it well. They are still optimizing it. However, I was surprised with both of us being on opposites ends and connecting to the Aus server and having no real issues. They have come a long way but still a lot more to do.

Just a note, if you want to see your ping/frames/etc (it will appear as an overlay on the top right of the screen) you can type in the console: r_displayinfo 3

Just an opinion, but as long as everyone is split between 3 different voice apps it will continue to do more harm than good.
Posted By: Owain Re: 3.0 is live, open to all backers - 12/28/17 10:19 PM
I need to get in to see if they have fixed the compatibility problems with my ThrustMaster HOTAS.
Posted By: Taxman Re: 3.0 is live, open to all backers - 12/28/17 11:18 PM
Not sure what isn't loading or working for you Vuldan, but perhaps if you updated from an earlier build/etc there is leftover stuff from before that is causing problems. If so - I would recommend a remove/reboot and download the new installer from the website (vs upgrading from earlier build).

Moving around in the PU (Persistent Universe) and navigation has changed quite a lot and there are a bunch of keyboard/mouse controls that have changed from earlier builds. As 3.0 is brand new, most of the how-to and walk-thru's are not going to help much (unfortunately). I will keep my eye out for some nice video how-to's but for folks just getting into Star Citizen, it would probably go smoother to be in TS/etc with folks that have some experience with things to walk ya though some things together (faster learning curve).

Some basics though:
[Linked Image]

After clicking "Universe"
[Linked Image]

I would think the descriptions they provided would help, but some folks think you go to your "Hangar" to log in. Currently your "Hangar" is to pull your ships into a single-player "garage" so to speak so you can climb around and change its weapons loadout/configuration. You can still configure your ship in the PU or the "Arena Commander", but the "Hangar" is single player only (currently) where you can do this.
© The KGB Oracle