The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Taxman KGB Gathering in Star Citizen this weekend? - 02/23/17 09:35 PM
Just looking for folks that want to get together in-Alpha this weekend (Feb 25/26) sometime. What day/time would be best for you?

Plan is to do some "Universe" (Mini-Persistent Universe), Star Marine, Arena Commander (vs AI and/or players), and perhaps a race or 2.

I have been able to get some KGB folks together on occasion (3-5) but this weekend it would be nice if we could get MORE of us online and gaming together. Would also be a nice opportunity to talk about state of the game and what we may like to work on together moving forward.

Hopefully we can get more than 3-5 this time!

beer
Posted By: Zhou Re: KGB Gathering in Star Citizen this weekend? - 02/24/17 02:06 AM
While I would like to join everyone this weekend, I have a state Exam on Saturday so I'll be gone most of the day. Talking with Bandit earlier this morning, I would like to start getting organized events when 3.0 starts to launch. I think any earlier then that the game is still in a very developmental state and not entirely worth the effort. Hope more join you this weekend and people enjoy the Verse!
Thank's Zhou, yea hopefully we can get some folks together - I will post some photos/etc here if we are able to.

I know that it is still "early" for many things that will be in the game eventually; but we do need to look at what is available and get any feedback to the developers regarding issues and gameplay. Gotta kick the tires every so often, I try to log in at least once or twice a month - just to keep an eye on progress (not just what people "claim").
I log in every once a major version, walk around my ships, play pew pew survival waves and then log out. The FPS never excited me as its just twitch and bang play until it's for reals in the verse and we Donk-Storm your ship.
Let me know when everyone else can participate, and I'll attempt to join. (My schedule is always complicated, but I'll do my best to join.)

I, like Tasorin, have zero interest in Star Marine FPS arena scene ... so either exploration, quests, swarms, or open-space slayings plz thx. (Spacing my friends & guildies outside the nearest airlocks is also acceptable fun.)
Originally Posted by Tasorin
I log in every once a major version, walk around my ships, play pew pew survival waves and then log out. The FPS never excited me as its just twitch and bang play until it's for reals in the verse and we Donk-Storm your ship.

True... I am not much into playing "Counter-Strike" but that "twitch" is how you are going to be boarding and attacking other folks when you do your Donk-Storm. The same mechanics, same guns, same aiming / etc. Well unless you are going to ONLY be piloting ships I suppose; but even then - to fly in a warship and not carry and practice using a firearm, would be a short fight if someone boards you!
Well we got together on Saturday (Feb 25th) for a while.

Took a bit of time to get everyone together on one server (hope they work on that some more soon). It seemed like we were missing room for ONE person - so that person joined a NEW server and rest of us quit and joined that person - FINALLY we were in!

Did some Mini-PU flying around, practicing navigation, Quantum drive, landing and flight-maneuvers. Then it was on to a combat mission - and the pirates took us down a notch or two. We did work them down, but some other player showed up mid-fight and ninja-completed our mission. Grrrrr

Ah well, after Helemoto got a Black-screen of death - we opted to rejoin in Arena Commander to take on some Vanduul for flight combat drilling. We made it to wave 8, better luck next time! Elorme and myself met up in a private flight area to do some more targeting and flight/handling practice.

Overall - had a blast! Hope more people can come join us next time! Threw the photos up on imgur - because of the size (hopefully link works for everyone). If you want to see them full-screen there you can (hit F11 and click on a photo).

http://imgur.com/a/9ohE5

Posted By: Zhou Re: KGB Gathering in Star Citizen this weekend? - 03/07/17 12:39 AM
Nice, glad to hear!
Great story
Some of us have been messing around, even if just doing Vanduul/Pirate sims, almost every weekend. Once they make it a bit easier to do stuff as groups (like actually get into the same instance w/o having to join/rejoin a dozen times, we should do more stuff as a group. ;D
Posted By: hydr Re: KGB Gathering in Star Citizen this weekend? - 04/03/17 05:38 PM
I'll try to get on TS on the weekends, I keep forgetting.
Ah - sorry Hydr.. it was a couple weekends ago now. :-/

Well, it is a "free fly" weekend, maybe we can get some folks together to give things a try.
Posted By: Chez Re: KGB Gathering in Star Citizen this weekend? - 04/16/17 09:37 PM
Anyone want to try to join up right now?
Sorry...was bound up with obligations all weekend. But I will definitely check this forum more often (especially since 3.0 is slated for release in June if I understand correctly).
© The KGB Oracle