The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Hakaryu_Lionheart What ship(s) should I have - 05/06/16 11:43 PM
Ok - confused, so much out there.

I have a Freelancer MISC - the one that comes standard with the Freelance package.

What else should I look at getting?

I have about $300 to spend and want one or more other nice utility ships.

Thoughts?

Hak
Posted By: Zhou Re: What ship(s) should I have - 05/07/16 05:36 AM
What type of jobs are you looking to get into?
Posted By: Brommas Re: What ship(s) should I have - 05/07/16 02:18 PM
Also consider a lot of The guild has many multi crew ships that will need crew. So if you dont want to spend the cash there will still be a ton to do. We will need Marines for combat also if you like FPS stuff
Posted By: Exey Re: What ship(s) should I have - 05/07/16 02:45 PM
Originally Posted By: Zhou

Is there a site that generally describes the different "jobs" or roles.. as well as the types of ships that fit them? Also it seems like the crew aspect of the larger ships is really cool.. that you actually NEED a set amount of people to run a ship similar to how it would be if you were captaining a ocean liner or other large ship. Minimum of 3-4 people normally to operate those big ships.
Posted By: Taxman Re: What ship(s) should I have - 05/07/16 09:57 PM
Originally Posted By: Exey
Originally Posted By: Zhou

Is there a site that generally describes the different "jobs" or roles.. as well as the types of ships that fit them?

Here is a pretty good "overview" video:

And a pretty good "overview" of ships/roles
https://forums.starcitizenbase.com/topic/8893-ship-roles/

You will be able to flush out some of the seats that need filling with NPC's but I wouldn't expect them to be as skilled as a real player as well.
Posted By: Hakaryu_Lionheart Re: What ship(s) should I have - 05/08/16 06:01 PM
Looking to explore and still be able to fight without getting instapopped.
Posted By: Selenian Re: What ship(s) should I have - 05/09/16 05:50 AM
For a smaller ship, I personally like the reliant line by misc. it comes in several variants to perform different roles. It seems it will have pretty good shields, power plant, equipment, ect. for its size, only down side it will not have the most firepower. Besides it's inspired by Boba Fett's ship, which is badass in its own rite.
Posted By: Selenian Re: What ship(s) should I have - 05/09/16 05:52 AM
For a smaller ship, I personally like the reliant line by misc. it comes in several variants to perform different roles. It seems it will have pretty good shields, power plant, equipment, ect. for its size, only down side it will not have the most firepower. Besides it's inspired by Boba Fett's ship, which is badass in its own rite.
Posted By: Taxman Re: What ship(s) should I have - 05/09/16 07:28 AM
Yup the "Relaint - Sen" sounds like a good ship for ya, it is a 1-2 person ship.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/reliant/Reliant-Sen-Researcher#features

It mentions science in the description, but also the sensor equipment.
Posted By: JetStar Re: What ship(s) should I have - 05/09/16 09:36 PM
I would suggest a Javelin!
Posted By: Tasorin Re: What ship(s) should I have - 05/12/16 06:20 PM
I would suggest 2 amazing bottles of Scotch and earn your ship in game and don't give them any more money. You will actually use 100% of the Scotch and probably derive more pleasure in the long run. Also they keep changing so much about the ship roles, if you really want to throw money at the screen for this title, wait until we get closer to live launch and then purchase based on a more stable and firm role types by ship type.
Posted By: Taxman Re: What ship(s) should I have - 05/13/16 04:39 AM
Originally Posted By: Tasorin
I would suggest 2 amazing bottles of Scotch and earn your ship in game and don't give them any more money.

And there is always that... use the money for beer/scotch/new graphics card, EVERY ship will be available in-game without paying $$. If you have a basic game package, that is REALLY the only price of entry; there are plenty of Free-Fly events that you can try out other ships in-Alpha or hook up with other KGB folks that have ships that we can let ya play with.
Posted By: Goriom Re: What ship(s) should I have - 05/13/16 05:54 PM
I will have plenty of room for crew members in my Retaliator.

I am actually thinking of selling my M50 and super hornet as I don't intend to do much flying.
© The KGB Oracle