The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Banshee Some things never change - 08/04/10 01:49 AM
Well I got a nice welcome back to DF tonight, I had just finished talking to Vuldan and decided to smelt some ore(guess where this is going).

Ringfain was almost completely empty with just a couple blues around, it's always almost empty so I load up my ore and go to smelt it (silly me I take all of it).

At the same time I am talking in vent with uwish and watching TV when I hear the sound of combat..... oh damn I am being attacked in town. It will come as no suprise it was two guys..the killer and the looter.

Me=dead,Lexy Steel=dead, looter= 1k in ore richer

I remember now a little to late but I do remember.... the worst part was the guy was blue before 10 minutes had passed.

Oh I forgot, the guy must have seen Vuldan run into town earlier because he then starts telling me a story of how KGB paid him to gank me in town.
I said "really I thought they were good guys or something like that"
He said "I have said to much already"
I have to admit that part was funny, give him an A for effort LOL.
Posted By: JetStar Re: Some things never change - 08/04/10 07:14 AM
Well get a bind on Geodins from me and smelt in my house!
Posted By: Valaria Re: Some things never change - 08/04/10 11:22 AM
aww sorry banshee but ya that happens.
Posted By: Vuldan Re: Some things never change - 08/04/10 11:46 AM
LOL...My friend, I am just laughing, sorry. LOL. With the new rare ore's available, many untagged find themselves in the position you are in. They go to work in a town, are seen running overloaded to the smelter and of course, people get greedy. Darkfall is full of that crap.

There is normally enough time, as you found out, for someone to kill you before the towers can kill them, and then their friend get's to loot both stone's. I am sorry, in town, you should only smelt when there is someone to watch your back.

I can replace your ore bro, no worries. I know it's frustrating, and damn glad to have you back, but that part of DFO has only gotten worse, not better.

And don't listen to Jet, he is never really on. :-)
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Some things never change - 08/04/10 03:48 PM
i also have a smelter in my house in harjik with plenty of binds to spare. the swimming is probably better in geodins, and the ore is probably better in ashatan. so many complicated decisions. lol
Posted By: Banshee Re: Some things never change - 08/04/10 08:35 PM
No worries, I should have known better. Thank's for the offers folks but I have already made up half of the loss. Vuldan, while Ray and I laughed at you during lunch yesterday it was me we were laughing at today.

It's all part of DF....they are always out to get you!
Posted By: JetStar Re: Some things never change - 08/05/10 08:06 AM
Originally Posted By: Vuldan

Actually I am super grinding.
71.39 Str
70.78 Vit
85.89 Quick

I want to get stats in 80s then sharpen my skills, but using this time to super grind.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Some things never change - 08/05/10 02:19 PM
Originally Posted By: JetStar

71.39 Str
70.78 Vit
85.89 Quick

sissy.

92.20 Str
85.40 Vit
104.~ Quick
Posted By: Vuldan Re: Some things never change - 08/05/10 03:19 PM

71.39 Str
70.78 Vit
85.89 Quick

I want to get stats in 80s then sharpen my skills, but using this time to super grind.

Jesus...I need to do that...my god..lol. What have you been doing?
Posted By: Vuldan Re: Some things never change - 08/05/10 03:19 PM
Originally Posted By: Squared

71.39 Str
70.78 Vit
85.89 Quick

sissy.

92.20 Str
85.40 Vit
104.~ Quick

I hate you.
Posted By: Valaria Re: Some things never change - 08/05/10 05:20 PM
Jet has been afk swimming a lot lately... i suggest hitting nodes though.. that helps a lot more.
Posted By: Wolfgang Re: Some things never change - 08/05/10 05:23 PM

71.39 Str
70.78 Vit
85.89 Quick

sissy.

92.20 Str
85.40 Vit
104.~ Quick

Must be all that homebrewed beer!
Posted By: Kaotic Re: Some things never change - 08/05/10 06:44 PM

71.39 Str
70.78 Vit
85.89 Quick

sissy.

92.20 Str
85.40 Vit
104.~ Quick

I hate you.

Jeebus Vuldy, I haven't logged on in over a month and...
73.4 Str
75.6 Vit
108.9 Quick
laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Some things never change - 08/05/10 07:33 PM
Originally Posted By: Kaotic

laugh

when are you coming back? quit playing whatever game it is you are playing and get back into DFO.
Posted By: Vuldan Re: Some things never change - 08/06/10 12:27 AM
Originally Posted By: Kaotic

71.39 Str
70.78 Vit
85.89 Quick

sissy.

92.20 Str
85.40 Vit
104.~ Quick

I hate you.

73.4 Str
75.6 Vit
108.9 Quick
laugh

I hate you too. GD it..in my defense, after my one kick for afk swimming, I have been unwilling to do it again. I guess I need to change that ideal. My god.

Explains why I have good weapons, decent skill and still get owned. LOL
Posted By: Longshanks Re: Some things never change - 08/06/10 12:27 AM
I am so weak .. I am high 60s str\vit ... damn!
Posted By: Vuldan Re: Some things never change - 08/06/10 12:34 AM
I am low 60's Obviously I have done something way, way wrong. My damn wisdom and int are freakin higher than the skillz I used working up everything else..wtf, lol.
Posted By: Kaotic Re: Some things never change - 08/06/10 06:36 PM
You got wiz and int from chopping rocks and trees and processing them. I got str, vit and quick from swimming. They won't ban you for swimming in a straight line, unless they've changed that recently. They will if you are swimming in a circle though. Best to just find a spot no one goes to and then don't worry about it. The waterfall NW of Andruk was nice.

The nifty thing now that they've fixed water logging is that you don't have to run back after every server down. Once you find that perfect spot, just stay there until you're happy with your stats smile
Posted By: Mamacita Re: Some things never change - 08/07/10 02:12 AM
As Pickens can prove to you all, Stat Building is VERY much needed in DFO & he has HAMMERED his stats out to where they are all in the mid 70's - high 90's now.
Best way is to afk swim (Geodin's Song is the best place). This builds Quickness above all else, but also builds Strength & Vitality.
Beating away on Stone & Iron Ore Nodes also builds Strength & Vitality.
Herbing builds Intelligence.
Smelting majorily builds Vitality, but also Wisdom.
Best way to cap out wisdom is by Fishing / Cooking, since both of those ONLY LEVEL Wisdom anyways.
Also, Crafting (of course) to build Wisdom.
Dexterity = Bows & a crap ton of arrows.

Get to it !!!

Let's see other people catch up to Pickens !!!
Posted By: Vuldan Re: Some things never change - 08/07/10 04:23 AM
Woman, don't make me blow up your freakin house.

The only thing I believe wrong is that herbing raises Wisdom I think, not Int, but I can not be 100% sure. I know that magery raises Int, cause thats when mine went up and up.
Posted By: John Tarcalius Re: Some things never change - 08/07/10 04:07 PM
ahh feel you on this one, first full day back in DFO I was in Andruk and decided cool I'll go smelt down some of this ore I have stockpiled.
About halfway thru a stack of 3000 I hear launching and people flying over the wall. Red's of course, starting calling out the attack on vent just as i was cut down. Your right some things never change, problem is you need little reminders like this to make you remember them! lol
Posted By: Kaotic Re: Some things never change - 08/07/10 09:04 PM
Woman, don't make me blow up your freakin house.

The only thing I believe wrong is that herbing raises Wisdom I think, not Int, but I can not be 100% sure. I know that magery raises Int, cause thats when mine went up and up.

All of the gathering skills increase your wisdom and one other stat. All of your crafting skills increase your wisdom and most also do another stat.

Sprinting also raises Dex, but very very very slowly.
Posted By: SabinF Re: Some things never change - 08/09/10 06:08 AM
I don't want to sound like a blowhard, but this is precisely what makes this game so god damned epic.

Imagine the inverse!
Posted By: SabinF Re: Some things never change - 08/09/10 06:17 AM
Also: slow and steady wins the race(always).

Hitting mines may garner greater and faster returns, but it involves you in an active way. This will burn you out inevitably.

I have been AFK swimming since release and my stats are up there -- all with nothing in terms of attention(horrible, horrible game mechanic).
© The KGB Oracle