The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Drakiis BING! - 04/18/10 06:44 AM
I knew that would get someones attention, I would like to propose the idea of setting up a channel in vent called "The Learning Channel" or TLC for those of you who watch television.

The idea is that kind and generous people who are playing the game and actually know how to do things or how things work to volunteer time when they feel like it to be in that channel to address the questions of those of us who are either brand new to DFO or returning to the game and need a refresher lesson on basic game play and have questions.

This would cut down considerably (hopefully) on cross talking in vent and game play issues when others are too busy to help or address them, for example Hak is new to DFO and Pillar and myself are having to relearn things we've forgotten, cannot find in the repository, or cannot figure out on our own, there may be others seeking this sort of help as well who may feel lost, slighted, ignored or like too much of a burden to address in open vent, especially when there are important issues afoot.

yes I said the word "afoot", ideally a recruitment officer would man (or woman) this channel, however seeing as most officer have their hands full most times this is why if someone wasn't engrossed in some heavy in game event and was just gathering mats and wanted chitty chat they could go there and donate a little time to get the rest of us back up to speed.
Posted By: Romeo_Montague Re: BING! - 04/18/10 03:49 PM
Agreed and I see no problem with it at all.
Posted By: Valaria Re: BING! - 04/18/10 03:53 PM
Not a bad idea at all.
Posted By: Sarasin Re: BING! - 04/18/10 04:41 PM
Bravo. I will have a new home in vent : )
Posted By: Drakiis Re: BING! - 04/22/10 07:52 AM
bump
© The KGB Oracle