The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Tasorin Server Down yet again... - 04/06/10 02:42 PM
Sent a nasty gram this morning to the DFO development team about the recent server issues and its effect on the community.

Needless to say, not being able to log into the servers at 6:30 am PST to set myself to swim because of the way stat gain works, rather pissed me off.

Clause responded an hour later with they are absolutely livid right now with there server hosting provider on the west coast. As well there were some rumblings of a possible server merge as population begins to really become a factor, and a relocation of the servers to the east coast with another provider.

Stay tuned, should be a QQ storm over the next few days, weeks.
Posted By: Mithus Re: Server Down yet again... - 04/06/10 03:00 PM
really?

server merge with EU?

this is the result of anti-macro policy.
Posted By: Arkh Re: Server Down yet again... - 04/06/10 05:30 PM
Wait, do you fucking know someone in the AV staff ?
If yes, are they recruiting ?
Posted By: Wolfgang Re: Server Down yet again... - 04/06/10 06:13 PM
Tas is GSS, he can infiltrate IRL as well. =)
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Server Down yet again... - 04/06/10 06:31 PM
Originally Posted By: Arkh
Wait, do you fucking know someone in the AV staff ?
If yes, are they recruiting ?

I know one Senior Developer (Claus) I call him "Clause", from his SB days.

I as well have contact with two Game mechanic developers.

The jist is, a lot of ego's, a lot of "Fuck the community, this is my game and they can either like it or lump it." and more then anything else, they don't have the staff to turn around the man hours needed to make changes in a timely fashion.

Everyone does three or four things, no one does community relations, and even Claus agree's. were in a paid beta until DFO 2010 comes out and gets fixed.

They are planning a major PR push end of 3Q that will include a new unit cycle and probably a $5 push for current subscribers. This unit cycle and push should give them the money to pay off their Tier 2 investors, secure a second round of funding, and expand their permanent staff.

Arkh, your French, your opinionated, and you have your head screwed on straight. Either they would be all dead, or you would be on a plane back to France inside of a week of you coming there.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Server Down yet again... - 04/06/10 06:34 PM
Originally Posted By: wolfgang

For those of you prior service members who know what this is.

Even though I was in Special Weapons (Nuke, Bio, Chem) in the Artillery in the Army, I was also a CID field agent, making sure we weren't sharing our TS material with the Eastern powers at that time.
Posted By: Arkh Re: Server Down yet again... - 04/06/10 08:40 PM
Sincerely, their managers should look at the Scrum way of getting a project out.
New things available every two or three weeks would do more than good. And they must stop releasing shit at the end of the week, and do it on tuesdays.

A little test server which would be the only available to 1$ accounts would cut some of the hacking crap. And they need to put their GMs on a leach with macroing.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Server Down yet again... - 04/07/10 04:52 AM
Originally Posted By: Tasorin

Even though I was in Special Weapons (Nuke, Bio, Chem) in the Artillery in the Army, I was also a CID field agent, making sure we weren't sharing our TS material with the Eastern powers at that time.

which basically means Tas was button pusher in the military smile
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Server Down yet again... - 04/07/10 05:24 AM
Originally Posted By: Drakiis
Originally Posted By: Tasorin

which basically means Tas was button pusher in the military smile

No, I sat in a vault and trained on NBC procedures, if we ever had to shoot the Ruskies with icky's.
Posted By: Necron Re: Server Down yet again... - 04/07/10 05:30 AM
Wait east coast server FUCK YEA but they really should go to Chicago for hosting it gives the best average ping for all the of the USA.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Server Down yet again... - 04/07/10 06:16 AM
NBC combat conditions, ya like you'd actually be able to fight. truth is I always believed the gear was only meant to give you a false sense of safety while you choke on your own blood and vomit and die still clinging to your weapon.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Server Down yet again... - 04/07/10 06:49 AM
Pay attention to the words coming out of my mouth Drakiis.

I was in the Artillery, I shot the NBC weapons.

Do we need to fit you for another helmet again?
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Server Down yet again... - 04/07/10 06:54 AM
No I was commenting from a infantry mans perspective and how they trained us to fight in MOP Gear. I know what your talking about, I was talking about myself.
Posted By: rhaikh Re: Server Down yet again... - 04/22/10 07:08 AM
Any new games that don't suck balls on the horizon yet?
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: Server Down yet again... - 04/22/10 11:08 AM
nope
Posted By: Kaotic Re: Server Down yet again... - 04/22/10 12:17 PM
Originally Posted By: rhaikh

HE LIVES!!!
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Server Down yet again... - 04/22/10 02:49 PM
Originally Posted By: rhaikh

IT'S ALIVE!!!
© The KGB Oracle