The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Van Cleef Still around - 03/19/10 02:58 AM
I'm just posting to let people know that I'm still around, but I haven't been able to spend much time in game. Shortly after arriving in Andruk, my son was born. Caring for him as well as trying to teach my daughter to read (she is entering to Kindergarten this August), has been chewing up most of my free time. I've been trying to log in to do some gathering, mainly because I can do that afk, for an hour or so in the mornings just so I can make some minor progress. I also check the forums daily while at work so that I can keep up on guild happenings. But my participation in guild events and interacting with guild members has been sorely lacking and for this I apologize. I'm hopeful that I'll have more time in the future, but for now, I can only continue playing very casually, until things settle down a bit.

Regards,
Van
Posted By: Syloc Re: Still around - 03/19/10 06:04 AM
No problem Cleef. Keep that son healthy.
Posted By: Valaria Re: Still around - 03/19/10 01:28 PM
Your kids should be your focus.

Babies take a lot of work, but since you also have a daughter about to enter school, you already know this.

My son Entered kindergarten this past fall, We will be wrapping this school year up soon and then he will be off to 1st grade.

He has been learning to read all year, and can Identify over 42 words by sight now.

If you haven't seen them yet, Grab some of the Scholastic Easy or Beginner Reader books. They use simple words and short sentences that are easy for a child to learn to read with.
We did that for my son, and he is actually getting pretty good at reading books aloud to us.
Posted By: Romeo_Montague Re: Still around - 03/19/10 02:56 PM
We will see you whenever you return; take care of your family and we all wish you the best.
Posted By: JetStar Re: Still around - 03/19/10 04:47 PM
Congratulations!
Posted By: Aureliano Re: Still around - 03/24/10 04:25 AM
I'm still around too, but school and work are killing me right now.
© The KGB Oracle