The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Sarasin Gaming Machine - 02/17/10 02:46 AM
Hey Guys,

I am tech savvy enough to know that this request could go a million different directions. I have been out of the hardware game for awhile, but I am familiar with all the different components necessary for a gaming machine.

What are the current reqs to optimize the darkfall gaming experience?

Video card?
CPU?
RAM?

The wife and I are going to upgrade soon. We would like to maximize grpahics, but more importantly increase our ability to see bad guys as far away as possible?

Any thoughts?
Posted By: Thomas Re: Gaming Machine - 02/17/10 04:30 AM
I bought an i7 processor from Intel with matching MB and don't have any problems with DF. Although I would suggest getting a decent video card and quality ram... Like 6g of RAM min. maybe 10 or 12g even better. At least a 1g video card maybe more if your looking to be a real power house.

This is what I did and I am much better off. Although I'm sure there are lesser substitutes you could put together but why skimp on something your gonna have for several years... wink
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Gaming Machine - 02/17/10 06:24 AM
Granted this is just my personal opinion....

Any of the i7 processors will work great for ya. ( $250.00 ) + ( $ 200.00 motherboard )

4 gig of memory if you plan on running a 32bit version of Windows. If you are running a 64bit version of Windows then you can go above 4gig but more than 4 isn't a requirement to get good performance from Darkfall. ( $100.00 )

For a graphics card I am running an older Nvidia GTX280 with 2gig but the newer GTX260 and GTX275 are good choices but try to get the version with at least 1gig on GPU memory. ( $300.00)

Sadly, all that power doesn't come cheap. If you are building this yourself the entire systems will top out at about $ 1100.00 including a decent case, fans, dvd and harddrive.
Posted By: Dalmar Re: Gaming Machine - 02/17/10 07:30 AM
If you go nVidia make sure its GTX, such a huge diffrence, the GTX versions 3 generations behind will still outperform the current GTS GT stuff. Its all about the X.
Posted By: Thresh Re: Gaming Machine - 02/20/10 12:07 PM
Not sure if you live by a Microcenter or not, but they have the i7 920 chip on sale this week for $199
Good deal
© The KGB Oracle