The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Syloc Plate - UberTank - 12/15/09 01:06 AM
So, since I haven't heard anything on this topic, I decided to make a post.

Here's the thought. With the influx of Heavy Armor users - I've wondering the effectiveness of them. I know Donk's a huge "rush' guy, so maybe he can input here as well.

A little note: I don't plan on going heavy armor; but I'm theorycrafting at the moment, and I like to know what i'm up against.

So here we go.

I'm assuming, that if you're going full heavy armor with full resists, you'd do something like this.

Full Resists

Double Jump (Max Mana -5%)
Indestructable (Magic Protections +5) Increase health +10
Mage Hunter (Magic Protections +3) Increase health +10
Scale Suit -
Bludgon 6.36
Piercing 7.18
Slashing 7.49
ACID 15.11
COLD 15.11
FIRE 15.11
HOLY 15.11
Lightning 11.20
Unholy 15.11
Impact 8.01

(In reality, you'd use a scale/Plate Mix, so the resistances would be a little higher)

That's almost 23 in all resists, +rigor = 24. Also, if you go plate/scale or even higher - you'll have upwards to high 20s in resists.

The trade off, however, is that you'll have low heals. (I'm assuming right?) and no elementals. However you'd not want to go elementals anyway?

In this case, too, you'd want to go bloodcraft, which would up your HP.

ALTERNATES: Going Destroyer +40% to staff users.

Questions:

Anyone have any confirmed numbers on these types of users?
How good are their heals?
Do they even bother to do magic?
How's fireball damage numbers used against them?
Is it realistic to rely on Health/Stam Pots?

This is a discussion long-since overdue. Any help is appreciated.
Posted By: EhWoL Re: Plate - UberTank - 12/15/09 01:40 AM
We need to do some hardcore "testing"...indeed
most notibly how much less damage (or heal) do you do vs the less damage you take with the higher protections?
Posted By: Leeboi Re: Plate - UberTank - 12/15/09 03:02 AM
Sounds good, but you are forgetting the economics of the situation. Full plate/plate is expensive and mag armor is cheap. We all know that you will DIE. I rather go cheaper and risk less.
Posted By: Thomas Re: Plate - UberTank - 12/15/09 05:23 AM
In the end, magic trumps all. I personally hate to give up that ability for more resists and a rush style combat tactic.
Posted By: Arkh Re: Plate - UberTank - 12/15/09 07:59 AM
If I'm right, Indestructible and Mage hunter won't stack : one will be active with a melee weapon, the other with bow equiped.
Posted By: Kay Re: Plate - UberTank - 12/15/09 08:37 AM
Originally Posted By: Arkh
If I'm right, Indestructible and Mage hunter won't stack : one will be active with a melee weapon, the other with bow equiped.

Correct
Posted By: Syloc Re: Plate - UberTank - 12/15/09 05:36 PM
Ahh my bad, that makes sense.

Still. I've been encountering more and more heavy users. Like, for instance, last night with the outnumbered guys, I noticed that one of them was heavy armor and melee exclusively - unless i'm mistaken.
© The KGB Oracle