The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Longshanks Magic Trees - 06/21/09 01:33 PM
I am curious as to experiences with the primary & elemental trees. I, and perhaps some others, should be approaching the decision making levels soon.

Witchcraft\Necro vs Spellchanting\Arcane

The Necro line seems the route for immediate damage gratification with witchcraft, but arcane looks pretty intense if chanting is worth the grind up. Are those chants worth the effort in a group & do we need more chanters buffing our PvP groups (I am tending towards the arcane line if it makes sense for the guild).

Further off for me but what about Water\Fire vs Earth\Air too?

Thoughts?
Posted By: Thomas Re: Magic Trees - 06/22/09 12:00 AM
for some reason I was expecting a discussion about "magic" trees that have more wood in them or something... lol
Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa Re: Magic Trees - 06/22/09 03:15 AM
Originally Posted By: Thomas
for some reason I was expecting a discussion about "magic" trees that have more wood in them or something... lol

You know, for some reason so did I.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Magic Trees - 06/22/09 06:33 AM
your not the only ones i was hoping he found the fountain of trees
Posted By: AllYourBase Re: Magic Trees - 06/22/09 12:03 PM
Dammit! I too expected a secret of the magic tree of unending ressources... damn imagination... damn voices in my head... I'm gonna shoot... uhm, Hi my name is AllYourBase and I'm completely sane and rational.

Sorry shanks... guess there's not many with the experience to help you out here ;-).
Posted By: Longshanks Re: Magic Trees - 06/22/09 01:14 PM
Chop ... Chop ... Chop!
Posted By: Morg Re: Magic Trees - 06/23/09 07:08 PM
Theres this Tree up by Ichtan hamlet in yssam with a door in it. Wonder if they made the door able to be opened now? Thats the tree I thought he was talking of hehe..

On the subject at hand, i was actually contemplating taking both the necro and arcane lines. To have the buffs/debuffs/damages. Although in cost alone it's more than a warhulk lol.
Posted By: Kay Re: Magic Trees - 06/23/09 10:04 PM
I'll be hitting 75 spellchanting and grabbing arcane tonight. Ask Pirate if he thinks it's worth it.

I know getting 75 spellchanting is a bitch and a half...
Posted By: Dunlop_Phaete Re: Magic Trees - 06/23/09 10:24 PM
earth Magic owns you
Posted By: Ithkrul Re: Magic Trees - 06/24/09 04:59 AM
I thought this was going to be a thread about pot...
Posted By: grover Re: Magic Trees - 06/24/09 06:32 AM
invisible jesus fire pwns face.
Posted By: Longshanks Re: Magic Trees - 06/24/09 01:11 PM
Think it makes sense to bag chant\witch to start & spend the time just getting GM up to 50, then go directly to an elemental line?
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: Magic Trees - 06/24/09 09:31 PM
Earth/arcane is the way to go!!!!

also splash air for the arrow ward!
Posted By: Dunlop_Phaete Re: Magic Trees - 06/24/09 11:32 PM
Earth is increa expensive.

Fire has the best overall dmg, but lacks a ton of utility spells (it has some)

earth is good dmg, lots of buffs for melee and melee protection.

Air has some really nice AOEs

Water is good dmg with extra stam drain
Posted By: AllYourBase Re: Magic Trees - 06/25/09 11:01 AM
But the question that everyone craves the answer for is this:

How do I become the invisible PWNER of all, with spells that do 3000 dmg/instakill and always hits, while protecting against all attacks, so they only have a small chance og doing .0001 dmg to me.

... or did I miss something? ;-)
Posted By: Dunlop_Phaete Re: Magic Trees - 06/25/09 02:49 PM
Acid Rain from Earth & Holy Jesus Fire of the Jews in Arcane: Neither currently have animations other than the initial hit.

Making them invisible. Don't base ANYTHING on this though as I'm sure they will patch in animations.
© The KGB Oracle