The KGB Oracle
Posted By: AllYourBase When af macroing... - 06/17/09 11:44 AM
... make sure you have a lot of weight on you, arranged in bags as the picture shows:

If you get pk'ed, by some enemy, the pk will likely grab that one bag in you inventory... to his deepest regrets.

He will have to go through all the bags and delete all the single stack stones to get unencumbered. So if you're on the bloodwall, he will run VERY slowly to the bank, giving everyone else ample time to kick his sorry ass.

The only downside is, that you will be slow, going to and from the bank... but at least your stuff is that much safer, with this scheme.

Original idea by Uth Magar, and extended a bit by me ;-).
Posted By: Morlander Re: When af macroing... - 06/17/09 11:46 AM
Originally Posted By: AllYourBase
... make sure you have a lot of weight on you, arranged in bags as the picture shows:

If you get pk'ed, by some enemy, the pk will likely grab that one bag in you inventory... to his deepest regrets.

He will have to go through all the bags and delete all the single stack stones to get unencumbered. So if you're on the bloodwall, he will run VERY slowly to the bank, giving everyone else ample time to kick his sorry ass.

The only downside is, that you will be slow, going to and from the bank... but at least your stuff is that much safer, with this scheme.

Original idea by Uth Magar, and extended a bit by me ;-).

didnt i come up with this in early beta? yep
Posted By: AllYourBase Re: When af macroing... - 06/17/09 11:51 AM
Hehe ... well I wasn't in early beta. Uth did something like this, when we lived in andruk. I don't think Uth used to do the 1 piece stacks though.
Posted By: Swing Re: When af macroing... - 06/17/09 01:08 PM
cba.

Partly because I don't macro smile
Posted By: Tasorin Re: When af macroing... - 06/17/09 04:43 PM
If you really want to mess with them then do this.

Use the three bag layer system.

Bag one in the root of your inventory. Inside bag one is two bags (A and B)

Inside of bag A you put two more bags (C and D)
Inside of bag C you put all your consumables in small stacks.
Inside of bag D you put all your regs in small stacks

Inside of bag B you put two more bags (E and F)
Inside of bag E you put all your Armor and Mounts
Inside of bag F you put all your Weapons and Arrows

Once everything is in its bags, you equip or hotkey the items from those bags so when or if you do die, all the items are returned to the bags they originally were in.

I like to throw some stone as well hidden in small stacks inside bags C,D,E, and F to add weight to some poor unlucky bastard that tries to loot me.

I like to do this with my "Go" bags as well so that when I do grab one its already set up for the boobie trap.
Posted By: Hare Re: When af macroing... - 06/17/09 05:31 PM
Tasorin is evil 8D
Posted By: Tasorin Re: When af macroing... - 06/17/09 10:21 PM
Originally Posted By: Hare
Tasorin is evil 8D

Only in segments of the Julian calendar that end in "Day".
Posted By: Kaotic Re: When af macroing... - 06/20/09 05:43 AM
Don't you mean Gregorian calendar?
Posted By: Tasorin Re: When af macroing... - 06/20/09 05:14 PM
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
Don't you mean Gregorian calendar?

More party days in the Julian Calendar.

Those Roman's knew how to relax.
Posted By: Kaotic Re: When af macroing... - 06/21/09 12:09 AM
How about you run that by FedEx and get me some more days off. I only get 5 weeks of vacation a year and like 4 paid holidays...
Posted By: Tasorin Re: When af macroing... - 06/21/09 12:59 AM
How about you run that by FedEx and get me some more days off. I only get 5 weeks of vacation a year and like 4 paid holidays...

The Lazy B Ranch only gives me 2 weeks paid vacation. But we get 2 weeks Flex Sick days, 8 paid holidays, and a paid shutdown from X-mas to New Years.

Working over X-mas = Double and Triple time
Posted By: Kaotic Re: When af macroing... - 06/21/09 11:28 AM
That sounds yummy. Unfortunately I'm salaried so the longer hours I work the less I get paid. frown
Posted By: Tasorin Re: When af macroing... - 06/21/09 06:01 PM
That sounds yummy. Unfortunately I'm salaried so the longer hours I work the less I get paid. frown

So am I, but I am represented by the Engineer's Union, so I get time and a half after 8 hrs, double time after 50, double time for Sundays regardless, and triple time for working a Boeing Holiday.

The shmuck's who are not represented and are Salaried suffer the same bullshit you do Kaotic. They get "Time + Taco Bell" for any hours over "9" a day. Meaning the first hour of overtime is free, and the second is "Time + 6.50".

Which is why they never work any overtime at all unless it is made mandatory.
© The KGB Oracle