The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Aureliano Thinking About Quiting - 06/01/09 02:10 AM
I was reading forumfall, and it sounds as if The Mercs got a refund for their attempted siege on Andruk. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but there have been several sieges that have been stopped by the servers going down or crashing, and they did not refund the gold that was lost by other guilds.

This double-standard that have been created, I'm sure due to all of the crying, has disheartened me. I like this game, but I'm a staunch supported of good customer service. This act is hugely unfair to other guilds who have lost gold due to server issues - in essence, very poor customer service.
Posted By: rhaikh Re: Thinking About Quiting - 06/01/09 02:16 AM
Honestly, they deserved a refund, so I think this is actually a good thing for the game, provided that every siege that ends this way is similarly refunded from now on. If you talk about how it was in the past, well, this game is totally different than it was when it launched, and it's unfair for new players but that's how it is.
Posted By: Aureliano Re: Thinking About Quiting - 06/01/09 02:33 AM
I'm not saying it's not a good idea. It is, but it is extremely unfair and bad customer service to not treat everyone the same, and that's how I, and I'm sure others, are looking at this.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Thinking About Quiting - 06/01/09 03:56 AM
Then they should of risked there city and not a wager shard. If the server crashed they would of only been out the cost to siege and not a 200K wager.

That way when the server crash's because you attacked THE powerhouse in the North for CotC, you don't have to go Q_Q on Forumfall like bitch made fail cry babies TM is doing right now.

They made a mistake, and got caught with a lot of people on line prime time Sunday. They as well stirred the Hornet's nest even more with THREE sieges. So yes, people got phone calls and told to log in for a 4-6 hour window to put in work.

They should have known the server was going to be unstable, and risked putting there shard holder glitched into there city wall with an entourage around Inspector Gumdrop. A thinking leader (Unlike Osium), would of taken a holding this week and used that as there wager for this weekend instead of there current city. Removing the issue of using 200k of there millions (yes millions) of duped gold from the 6 week dupe window.

They should get what everyone else has received so far. No gold back for the wager, and no gold for KGB from the wager due to server down. Andruk locked down from siege for 24 hours, and TM free to start all over again on some other city.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Thinking About Quiting - 06/01/09 04:32 AM
they should all be banned if they gold duped that has been the downfall of almost every game to date
Posted By: Kay Re: Thinking About Quiting - 06/01/09 04:33 AM
Bad customer service in the past is no reason to continue the habit. If they're taking steps to refund siege money from now on, I support it. It's not like the money loss hurts The Mercs anyways.

Big guilds have the power to throw their weight around and influence devs. We did it with the siege last night, and The Mercs did it with theirs today.
Posted By: Aureliano Re: Thinking About Quiting - 06/01/09 07:58 AM
If McDonald's refuses to give you a refund after putting shit on your Big Mac, and then gives the guy behind you a refund, you're probably going stop going their.

This may be a moot point since McDonald's puts shit on everything.
Posted By: Kay Re: Thinking About Quiting - 06/01/09 08:22 AM
Originally Posted By: Aureliano
If McDonald's refuses to give you a refund after putting shit on your Big Mac, and then gives the guy behind you a refund, you're probably going stop going their.

This may be a moot point since McDonald's puts shit on everything.

So instead of changing their customer service policies and start doing the right thing, they should continue to practice bad customer service and never change their ways simply because they had screwed people over in the past?

Sounds to me like a bitter and selfish argument that would be put up by someone who has a grudge from events of the past. (Not you, other guilds)
Posted By: Swing Re: Thinking About Quiting - 06/01/09 08:31 AM
meh, take a break for a couple of days as I hear ya. You should not quit simply so we can be a thorn in the arsehole to the Mercs as long as possible and as our skills close the gap we can hopefully change that thorn to a wrecking ball smile.
Posted By: Aureliano Re: Thinking About Quiting - 06/01/09 08:33 AM
It is somewhat selfish, but it's also fair, consistent and simple.

If they were to revisit and correct the issues that happened in the past with sieges, mainly refunded other guilds who had lost because of server failures, then I would have no problems. Or, if they released some sort of statement letting everyone know about the change in advance, I would have no problems. I'm all for Aventurine changing their ways.

The issue is that a guild lost their gold, as many others have in the past, due to server issues, and that guild went crying on the forums and now Aventurine decides it's going to make things right and deviate form previous practice. Who's to say they'll do this from now on or for anyone else? No official statement has been made.
Posted By: Leeboi Re: Thinking About Quiting - 06/01/09 12:22 PM
Simple question to ask yourself...are you having fun?

START
If answer=no
[quit]
Else
[have fun playing with the game like it is]
END

Side note: Since launch AV has made a lot of good changes to the game. I'm guess that future changes will enhance the game even more. I for one love, the Merc guilds; who else would we have to fight?
Posted By: Swing Re: Thinking About Quiting - 06/01/09 12:46 PM
Can I haz your stuff?

But seriously I find taking a couple day break and playing an offline game makes things better.

I'm gonna go for oblivion.
Posted By: Crimthan Re: Thinking About Quiting - 06/01/09 01:02 PM
Originally Posted By: Leeboi
Simple question to ask yourself...are you having fun?

START
If answer=no
[quit]
Else
[have fun playing with the game like it is]
END

The above is about as straight forward as it gets. That being considered, I can't honestly say I've had "fun" in this game, except for some very rare exceptions, and those exceptions I would have considered "normal moments" in some other games I really loved. There's a lot more I don't like about this game, but don't want to bring too much negativity toward all of the others who are working so hard at this game.

The biggest reason for myself wanting or needing to quit is TIME - it simply requires a LOT of time (that I don't have or am willing to spend) in this game to gather the mats and other necessities needed to stay competitve. Right now in my life - if it takes more than .5 hour per evening to grind at gaining said mats, without actually playing the game, then that is just too much time I may be wasting just to lose it due to a crash or death, etc. This also goes for most MMOs in general, it seems anymore.
Posted By: Kay Re: Thinking About Quiting - 06/01/09 10:08 PM
Originally Posted By: Aureliano
It is somewhat selfish, but it's also fair, consistent and simple.

If they were to revisit and correct the issues that happened in the past with sieges, mainly refunded other guilds who had lost because of server failures, then I would have no problems. Or, if they released some sort of statement letting everyone know about the change in advance, I would have no problems. I'm all for Aventurine changing their ways.

The issue is that a guild lost their gold, as many others have in the past, due to server issues, and that guild went crying on the forums and now Aventurine decides it's going to make things right and deviate form previous practice. Who's to say they'll do this from now on or for anyone else? No official statement has been made.

They didn't refund The Mercs' gold wager fyi.
Posted By: Thomas Re: Thinking About Quiting - 06/02/09 12:22 AM
They didn't? Everyone is saying they did get the gold back... Well if you count people in clan alliance AND forumfall, I know aren't the most reliable sources. It is a source non the less.
Posted By: Banshee Re: Thinking About Quiting - 06/02/09 01:09 AM
seems silly to quit playing a game with friends over something so small, in games as in life..... lots of shit is not fair.

I thought it was about fun with friends.
Posted By: Prism Re: Thinking About Quiting - 06/02/09 02:17 AM
Originally Posted By: Banshee
seems silly to quit playing a game with friends over something so small, in games as in life..... lots of shit is not fair.

I thought it was about fun with friends.

That is why im back for all the fun times I have had in the past with some great people in the guild !! smile
Posted By: Aureliano Re: Thinking About Quiting - 06/02/09 03:44 AM
Originally Posted By: Kay
They didn't refund The Mercs' gold wager fyi.

Well, that settles it. No quitting for me.
© The KGB Oracle