The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Aureliano Macroing - 04/20/09 07:08 PM
Woke up today to log on and start macroing. I normally wakeup and see a "disconnect" prompt from the server going down while macroing the night before. This time I had a prompt that warned me not to afk macro anymore.

Anyone else get this? It makes me weary about macroing.
Posted By: JetStar Re: Macroing - 04/20/09 08:05 PM
Where were you?
Posted By: Valaria Re: Macroing - 04/20/09 09:03 PM
Everyone that was Macroing in the city was kicked like that last night. Morlander was kicked as well for the afk macroing and warned that it is prohibited.

Those that were under the keep or towers did not get kicked or warned.

my suggestion is dont afk macro or go under the buildings/towers for now. But you do so at your own risk.

It happened some time between 3am and 6am CST. Mor got up at 3am to check his macro and saw he ran out of regents, So he decided to sprint/run into a corner by a wall. Got up at 6 to get ready for work and saw the same message about afk macroing.
Posted By: Aureliano Re: Macroing - 04/20/09 09:12 PM
I was in the keep.
Posted By: Syloc Re: Macroing - 04/20/09 09:14 PM
I'm one of those few ones that's against macroing, I find it cheap, offensive, and cheating ... THAT BEING SAID, you HAVE to macro in this game, there's no two ways about it, unless one feels like firing mms for a whole month casually just to get up to the appropriate level.

I don't think they've started banning for afk macroing, but, if you have to do it, doesn't hurt to hide in a distant tower, cave, or some far off place.
Posted By: Valaria Re: Macroing - 04/20/09 09:17 PM
Originally Posted By: Aureliano
I was in the keep.

If you are Inside it wont matter cus they can see you. You would have to be UNDERneath the keep for them not to see you.
Posted By: Syloc Re: Macroing - 04/20/09 09:21 PM
Even if your not kicked now for being under the keep, it's only a matter of time. So be warned.
Posted By: Arkh Re: Macroing - 04/20/09 09:24 PM
And being under the keep == exploit. Exploiting == ban of the account. It would be bad to lose some good toons like that.
Posted By: Aureliano Re: Macroing - 04/20/09 09:39 PM
Yeah, I'm done with macroing for now. I'd rather grind than get my account banned...it took way to long to get the account.
Posted By: JetStar Re: Macroing - 04/20/09 09:52 PM
Well I have a suggestion for all those online. A GM must have came to town. If you see a GM in town go GANK all the macroers.

How were you all notified?
Posted By: Runo Re: Macroing - 04/20/09 10:36 PM
I was "kicked for exploiting". I was under the keep macroing fire magic.

So no, you can't avoid them under the keep.
Posted By: Valaria Re: Macroing - 04/21/09 12:07 AM
Originally Posted By: JetStar
Well I have a suggestion for all those online. A GM must have came to town. If you see a GM in town go GANK all the macroers.

How were you all notified?

it was in the pop up that notifies you when you loose connection to the server for any reason.
Posted By: Dalmar Re: Macroing - 04/21/09 12:13 AM
Ya GM Sen was in our city last night, I wasn't in town but seen the message, shoulda come killed peoples I guess.
Posted By: Cith Hornby Re: Macroing - 04/21/09 04:12 AM
People will get kicked with different messages displayed, I know a few got the typical "Kicked for AFK macroing" and some also received the “kicked for using third party programs” warning.

just be more careful :P
© The KGB Oracle