The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Bardaji CoS is Back! - 01/17/09 06:36 PM
CoS is back and headed for Darkfall.

Let Mort and Crim's convulsions begin....NOW!!

CoS
Posted By: Derid Re: CoS is Back! - 01/17/09 06:52 PM

I lollerskated tbqh.
Posted By: Bardaji Re: CoS is Back! - 01/17/09 06:55 PM
And they're trying to get HeRog back....That alone could satisfy every political board battle need you're seeking Jet!
Posted By: Revol Re: CoS is Back! - 01/17/09 09:45 PM
And PRX is tagging along. That's disappointing. Oh well. Let's get to killin' 'em.
Posted By: Bardaji Re: CoS is Back! - 01/17/09 10:08 PM
PRX *is* CoS..they always were. They fielded the majority of the players and provided most of the military leadership. PRX can succeed without CoS but no way, no how that CoS in it's original structure could succeed without PRX!
Posted By: Revol Re: CoS is Back! - 01/18/09 12:09 AM
Exactly; that's what's disappointing. They don't need CoS.
Posted By: JetStar Re: CoS is Back! - 01/18/09 03:11 AM
Posted By: Crimthan Re: CoS is Back! - 01/18/09 06:52 AM
They'll probably be some fag race like Elves or those emo homos, the Alfar.

Let the carnage begin. $10 to the first person who manages to piss on Zorak's or Herog's tombstone/corpse/what-have-you.
Posted By: JetStar Re: CoS is Back! - 01/18/09 07:27 AM
Must resist posting ............ Got to fight it........
Posted By: Falx Re: CoS is Back! - 01/18/09 07:48 AM
Is this the same HeROg from DT on siege perilous?
Posted By: JetStar Re: CoS is Back! - 01/18/09 10:08 AM
Quote:

Is this the same HeROg from DT on siege perilous?

Absolutely.
Posted By: Thomas Re: CoS is Back! - 01/18/09 11:54 AM
haha oh how fun this will be....
Posted By: Owain Re: CoS is Back! - 01/18/09 05:19 PM
Quote:

Must resist posting ............ Got to fight it........

Now when did you start showing restraint Jet?
Posted By: Drakiis Re: CoS is Back! - 01/18/09 07:34 PM
I think Zorak begs KVent to ally with CQ, Zorak brings the bodies and money and KVent brings the skilled pvp.
Posted By: Crimthan Re: CoS is Back! - 01/19/09 12:15 AM
Quote:

I think Zorak begs KVent to ally with CQ, Zorak brings the bodies and money and KVent brings the skilled pvp.

Everyone under his thumb ends up giving Zorak money anyway - through labor while he sells the assets on Ebay.
Posted By: Tuskil Re: CoS is Back! - 01/19/09 02:47 AM
I'll go track down Klornack so he can start a pissing contest and lose some ultra valuable .05% drop item.

Seriously though, I'm over the CoS thing. I'll take a whack at 'em without hesitation if I see them. But I'm really done with worrying about their style. It would be nice to have a spec group that would ocassionally raid rival hunting grounds (including CoS) guerilla style and watch them all form up and hunt us down in complete futility.
Posted By: Derid Re: CoS is Back! - 01/19/09 03:01 AM

Tuskil speaks truth here, PRX has been interested in an alliance.. but I know a lot of current members are not keen to work with CQ, or anything run by Zorak and called CoS.

Some of us are buddies with some PRX, so.. the way it works out is-

Nuetral. Just plain nuetral.

CoS was a fun organization to fight.... like 6 years ago.

There is no point picking a fight with them, because we have a lot of other more important enemies.. but I do not see us working with them either.

Our in game stance with them will depend on how things pan out in-game. Maybe we will have a common enemy that negates hard feelings, and takes precedence for a time based on in-game events, maybe we will have conflicting interests and go back to war, maybe we will end up on different sides of the server or on different servers and not even see each other.
Posted By: Revol Re: CoS is Back! - 01/19/09 03:41 AM
Quote:

Nuetral. Just plain nuetral.

There is no point picking a fight with them, because we have a lot of other more important enemies.. but I do not see us working with them either.

Our in game stance with them will depend on how things pan out in-game. Maybe we will have a common enemy that negates hard feelings, and takes precedence for a time based on in-game events, maybe we will have conflicting interests and go back to war, maybe we will end up on different sides of the server or on different servers and not even see each other.

Completely agreed.
Posted By: Tuskil Re: CoS is Back! - 01/19/09 04:15 AM
No, there's not way I would work with the Covenant of Swords or The Professionals on anything. The point I was trying to convey was a counterpoint to an active 'seek and destroy' on them. Please don't ally with PRX.... ever.
Posted By: Derid Re: CoS is Back! - 01/19/09 04:55 AM

My point was I am treating them like I would treat just about any other guild, with whom we do not currently share either common interest of enmity.

As I have stated elsewhere, no alliances with them are currently in the works.

I know you are not used to working with me yet, but in my parlance , saying nothing is currently in the works does not equate to something maybe in the future. Though as a rule, I tend not to rule things out completely.

So to sum it up " not likely "

If anyone has any questions about my current thoughts or stances on alliances and kos and guild policy feel free to hop in vent and have a chat.

Nothing is getting officially posted or dissemenated at this time, because things can change drastically between now and release, and I do not feel like potentially posting a new policy every few days ^_^
Posted By: Falx Re: CoS is Back! - 01/19/09 05:23 AM
I used to battle with DT daily on siege, and always had a good time and gave/got a rez. Now i dont know KGB history with them, but I had always found herog to be as honorable as anyone could expect from any random person on SP~
Posted By: Bardaji Re: CoS is Back! - 01/19/09 03:40 PM
Quote:

Posted By: Seaelf Re: CoS is Back! - 01/19/09 07:00 PM
I played with PRX before KGB came to Vanguard, and KVENT was all about the anti-pk, they were great to lvl with, as far as I could tell, just another guild..
Posted By: Crimthan Re: CoS is Back! - 01/20/09 12:20 AM
The best thing we can do is follow "some" of COS' starting strategies and beat them and other competing guilds to the punch. In other words: Start with a PROactive mindset rather than the outdated REactive mindset that smacks of the "underdog" mentality.

Take the territories that will be surrounded by some of the greatest growth and defensive factor - a decent combination of both, so you'll never outgrow your home base. Rather than reacting to someone else's aggressive posture and arriving too late or reacting too late with a counteroffensive in taking such territory - Be aggressive yourself. COS had some of the best starting tactics and battle plans because they didn't take NO for an answer when it came to moving in and conquering from the start.

My hope is that KGB takes up this posture from the outset and doesn't make any compromises and is at least one or two steps ahead of the competition.

Aside from that, don't follow the rest of what COS did:

COS began to decay after the first month and a half due to top tier corruption. Also: Zorak, Kaliaa, etc became so concerned about what other guilds thought about COS that they tried to please non-allies and in the process screwed many of their own members over to save face. That stripped away a lot of the loyalty from middle leadership, which is one of the worst things you can do. Fuck that approach: Real Honor always is about taking care of your own people first and anyone outside second or not at all. Never sacrifice the loyalty of great members simply to appease some asshat who said your great members did naughty X or nasty Y. For one, it's seed-planting by the enemy, and two: always trust your great members over the external. Keep KGB intrinsically strong.
Posted By: Syloc Re: CoS is Back! - 01/21/09 12:58 AM
You bring up a good point. I know there's a lot about the game we don't know, but, are we going more "Reactive", as you put it, or "Proactive"? I don't have my heart set either way, because I am of the opinion that we won't have any shortage of gankers foaming at the mouth to gank us, but there is a difference between starting out passive and active.

Are we going more conquest? Niche? Will we actively seek to siege cities within our alloted territory?

Then again, since this is the Euro release, it might not be a "decide now" kind of thing. But something to think about.

On your second point, I wholeheardly agree that you have to take care of in-house first, but being an isolated outfit is a pitfall many fall into, especially those who have a lot of inner turmoil.

I'm not saying we should appease every joe-smoe out there, but be cognizant that, like in SB, many wars will be decided in politics rather than gameplay.
Posted By: Crimthan Re: CoS is Back! - 01/21/09 01:09 AM
Quote:

On your second point, I wholeheardly agree that you have to take care of in-house first, but being an isolated outfit is a pitfall many fall into, especially those who have a lot of inner turmoil.

Precisely why you take care of your own first and foremost - to avoid inner turmoil and increase morale.

Quote:

I'm not saying we should appease every joe-smoe out there, but be cognizant that, like in SB, many wars will be decided in politics rather than gameplay.

Exactly why Iraq hasn't done well - the Wars are being waged by the Politicians and not the Warriors. WWII was led by the Warriors, and we kicked ass. The same for countless of other wars that did not fail. Why follow a model that only results in losing when you can learn from history what actually works?

Ultimately 4TW: When in War - Allow the Warriors to be Proactive. When they've done their job, then the Politicians can be Reactive by sending beer to the allies and bandaids to the more honorable of foes.

The other way around while in war rarely, if ever, works.
Posted By: Derid Re: CoS is Back! - 01/21/09 02:31 AM

I actually agree with Crim here.

There is a reason this faction is being organized along military lines, and you hit on a decent part of that reason.
Posted By: Crimthan Re: CoS is Back! - 01/21/09 02:53 AM
Hey man, nothing wrong on agreeing with me. I've agreed with you more than once.
Posted By: JetStar Re: CoS is Back! - 01/21/09 04:48 AM
Quote:

I actually agree with Crim here.

There is a reason this faction is being organized along military lines, and you hit on a decent part of that reason.

Hence the reason I have been totally quiet, not posting anywhere but KGB. Once we can get our house in order, and we can prove we can handle it, then I will bring it.
© The KGB Oracle