The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Bardaji Map! - 01/17/09 04:02 AM
Posted on the leak blog!

Map Link
Posted By: Arcain Re: Map! - 01/17/09 04:18 AM
I say we take up residence around Charybis, it has ocean access and river access inland. we do this we have good access to a large portion of the map and the ability to move goods by ship in large quantities.
Posted By: Arcain Re: Map! - 01/17/09 04:19 AM
better yet there is a tiny channel south of it, we should take that... it will be most desirable
Posted By: Lorddarka Re: Map! - 01/17/09 10:34 PM
Why not one of the islands to the west of there. The main continent is going to be rough. and i hear alot of the islands have spots to build on.i think this option would better serve this guild.
Posted By: JetStar Re: Map! - 01/18/09 03:13 AM
I love the island idea.
Posted By: Owain Re: Map! - 01/18/09 05:22 PM
Hmm, the map reminds me of ShadowBane, but with greatly improved graphics.
Posted By: Vyse Re: Map! - 01/18/09 06:33 PM
I also like the island idea - it may be inconvenient at first but in the long run I think it would be a great place to fortify. Man I am ready to get this underway!
Posted By: Syloc Re: Map! - 01/18/09 06:59 PM
Well, you have to remember that everyone's going after an island. Hope at least 1 of us gets in beta so we can see, logistically, how it will work.

Omg LAND RUSH 4tw!
Posted By: Revol Re: Map! - 01/18/09 10:25 PM
What does it take to travel to islands and back?

edit: I can promise you: each and every island will be HIGHLY sought for.
Posted By: Morlander Re: Map! - 01/18/09 10:44 PM
islands may also really be awful if coast guarding ships can pummel your town from a distance with ease
Posted By: Crimthan Re: Map! - 01/19/09 12:11 AM
The NE Isle of YSSAM looks cool. Probably a lot of building spots there, and far enough away from the coast so they won't get bombarded by Navy.
Posted By: Revol Re: Map! - 01/19/09 01:47 AM
Excellent point.
Posted By: Arcain Re: Map! - 01/19/09 04:29 AM
I was thinking more of being a port authority and being that is the only easy way inland it will be heavily used, heavily pk'd and need to be policed
Posted By: Morlander Re: Map! - 01/19/09 10:06 PM
sounds like my kind of job policing. heheh
cop on the block
Posted By: shatter Re: Map! - 01/19/09 10:12 PM
How is an island's defensibility compare to a spot with geologic features that provide a natural barrier? I assume ships/boats will be needed to cross the water. Damn, I need to do a lot of reading!
Posted By: Derid Re: Map! - 01/19/09 10:21 PM
Well, you can always swim. But if your island does not have any nearby open bindstone/banks, getting attacking peeps back to the fight after they die might be a tad difficult.

AFAIK no SB style summoning or UO style portals are in, so assaulting a small isle might be difficult if the defenders are on the ball.

But, having natural defenses and chokepoints can theoretically enable a smallish defending force fight against a huge attacking zerg.

So, we will see how it pans out.
Posted By: Morlander Re: Map! - 01/19/09 10:35 PM
phalanx! form up!
Posted By: Lorddarka Re: Map! - 01/19/09 11:39 PM
I remember reading something about them talking about ships and ships would be needed to cross the oceans. And i believe swimming uses stamina so i have a feeling that it might be more difficult to swim long distances than people think.
ie: u can swim for 10mins then u start to take health damage from the no stamina and end up drowning hehe that would be cool. or you swim and just start swimming at 1/4 the speed once ur stamina is gone and the trip could take forever. heh id liek to see something to restrict swimmers and who knows how safe it might be hehe it could be just treacherous maybe mobs are alot tougher and u cant really get away from them in the water. hehe thatd be cool everquest ring a bell?

Signus
Community Staff

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manifoldgodhead
Increasingly large and powerful seamonsters. That's what I've heard. To the point where they one hit you boat I'm assuming so you can never reach the edge. They have made it really large out there to prepare for expansions.

This is true. Storms and seamonsters reach such a density that you die before you reach the end of the world.

Posted By: Syloc Re: Map! - 01/22/09 12:55 AM
Well, not only islands, but there's underground clanstones. Also, if you look on the map, it's not just flat land, but also significant choke points.

I think, if anything, reconnaissance will play a huge factor in Darkfall, much more than it did in Shadowbane, since there's no summoning outside of the the "gates". (Or so I hear)

Not to mention that you have to haul your siege engines, materials, and other stuff manually to sieges, so you could easily jack people coming in.

I'm really of the opinion that islands is good, in theory, because the only way your going to be attacked in mass are by people who have the supplies necessary to support such an arderous campagin against you.
Posted By: Morlander Re: Map! - 01/22/09 01:08 AM
i liked the idea of a small place where few can defend against many
the hot gates like in 300 hehehe
strategy is deffinatly everything
looking forward to scouting and mapping things we should make note on locations of clan stones we find and mark them on the map or post them with a description of the area even.
defensive points,weakness,and such.
© The KGB Oracle