The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Derid Time Zones - 12/12/06 01:28 AM

Greets. If your reading this thread, sound off with playtime timezone. IE which hours you actually play during.

One of the things regarding planning, and leadership delegation is of course when people are on. I know KGB is traditionally US TZ, tilted a bit toward PST time.

However, daytime and late night crews (Euro/Aussie/Azn) timezones will also need managed, and recruited for. Also, we are going to look into alliances with guilds in other timezones to try and cover the full spectrum. If anyone has any ideas on this front, feel free to speak up.
Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa Re: Time Zones - 12/12/06 03:31 AM
Well I'll probably be playing anytime between 12noon and 12 midnight EST on weekdays. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I will have Water Polo at I think it will be 5-7 and 7-9, respectively. I'm not 100% sure about that though. On Wednesday nights I'll be able to stay up later, though if the KGB really needs me I'll go to sleep at 3 a.m. if I have to.

At any rate, one of the ideas I have for the whole timezone problem is to have a thread in the secure forums where everyone lists there number at the times at which they can be "on call," along with a spreadsheet that has time slots and who can be called at that time. So say it's 8 p.m. EST so not all the PST people are online yet, and we have a city under attack. We can check who's on call and maybe give a few people a ring and see if they're home or close to it. If lucky, we can muster up a squad of defenders in a few minutes.

Another idea might be to have people we have that live in say Europe (e.g. Fleeting) or Asia or whatever to recruit people that play at the same times as them (online or from rl, it's all good.)

Maybe Bishop and I can also get a hold of some friends from Neocron that played in the KGB in SW:G... if so it's a very PvP-Oriented team of about 7 guys.

My schedule for Spring semester:

Posted By: Owain Re: Time Zones - 12/12/06 04:47 AM
US Mountain time, so I synch up pretty well with the Pacific TZ folks.
Posted By: hydr Re: Time Zones - 12/12/06 04:52 AM
PST 4tw!

evenings and weekends open next semester
Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa Re: Time Zones - 12/12/06 05:10 AM
Oh good point, the weekends mos' def. Or at least in the mornings and late at night. That's when I'll be home for defensive purposes. If we are planning out an attack I can definitely make time.
Posted By: Chez Re: Time Zones - 12/12/06 09:46 AM
PST for Lyfe! Keep it real Hydr!
Posted By: Arkh Re: Time Zones - 12/12/06 09:48 AM
GMT+1 FTW. And 2 month before end of school… after that, I'll have time to play on evenings and all week-end long.
Posted By: Awastatyme Re: Time Zones - 12/12/06 12:25 PM
central time for me and the texas crew: ryu ken khi meiyia

at this point im workin from 6-5 and 6-3 on sat. so i can play from 6-10 and all day sunday
Posted By: Heidi Re: Time Zones - 12/12/06 02:09 PM
Pacific time in the late evenings unless weekend.
Posted By: pawnseye Re: Time Zones - 12/12/06 03:29 PM
Well, I work 10p-6a Pacific time, so on avg ill probalby be on from 730a to 8p.
Posted By: Crimthan Re: Time Zones - 12/12/06 05:55 PM
I am Central Time Zone (-6) --Live in the La Crosse Wisconsin area.

My play times depend largely on what I'm doing for work/acting at the time.

If I have a choice, I typically prefer to play from 7pm til 11 or Midnight, and then again for a brief spell in the morning (when hardly anyone is online to get in my way) from 7am til 8 or 9am.

If I work and am also acting, I'd be playing around 9 or 10 pm until midnight or 1am and not in the morning at all.

Weekends usually mid-day to early evening for a solid 6 hour chunk most times.
Posted By: Garal Re: Time Zones - 12/12/06 06:40 PM
West coast ownage over here =)
Posted By: Lenny Re: Time Zones - 12/12/06 09:31 PM
ill be on when i am on, how am i supposed to plan when i play. OH SHIT I FORGOT, i should stay home from work because darkfall needs me
Posted By: Derid Re: Time Zones - 12/12/06 10:34 PM
Not asking ppl to plan when they play, if you dont know you dont know. Not looking for specifics either, just a general indication of what timezone you are usually on. I know when your usually on Lenny =p But I cant say the same for everyone, so im just looking for a general idea.

There are alot of people who I have no idea when they usally play, and I want at least a vague picture of who will
be on when. Its not intended to be a blood contract, but if you live in say Europe, and work during the day and generally play during the evenings (Euro evenings) it will be helpfull to know that ahead of time ^_^

I basically divide TZs into 3 groups: Euro Primetime, North American Primetime, and Late night/Aussie primetime. Covering USofA day, evening, and wee hours of the morning respectivly.
Posted By: Seaelf Re: Time Zones - 12/12/06 11:35 PM
East coast prime time
Posted By: Helemoto Re: Time Zones - 12/13/06 04:49 AM
central
Posted By: Owain Re: Time Zones - 12/13/06 03:47 PM
Ah, Lenny's just being a dork. Must be a Caknucklehead thing...
Posted By: Fleeting Re: Time Zones - 12/13/06 08:27 PM
GMT

and I play from 7am GMT to 6pm GMT.

which is 2am EST to 1pm EST.
Posted By: Fleeting Re: Time Zones - 12/13/06 08:39 PM
Quote:

Another idea might be to have people we have that live in say Europe (e.g. Fleeting) or Asia or whatever to recruit people that play at the same times as them (online or from rl, it's all good.)

I'm afraid I really wouldn't enjoy being a recruitment officer. Of course when I group with good people I'd encourage them to join but I certainly wouldn't want it to be a job.

I'd much prefer to help run the city or something during my time. I enjoy lvling, farming for the city or pvping or seige preping or whatever the game demands. I normally run a couple of accounts for games like this. Difficult to know untill we know more about the mechanics though.

I guess my game time is more prime time aussie though, since I'm not normally on during prime time europe.
Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa Re: Time Zones - 12/13/06 08:52 PM
Well I didn't mean it being a job. I don't expect anyone to sit in an npc city all day shouting "join the KGB 40+ member guild ready to do MC, BWL, AQ20" :P but I'm just saying, like you said, if you group with someone you think would be a good addition to the KGB, point him in our direction.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Time Zones - 12/14/06 02:33 AM
central time will kill ppl at all wierd time zones though
Posted By: syev Re: Time Zones - 12/14/06 03:11 PM
3 hrs - or + doesn't matter compared to zerging international times.
Posted By: Seaelf Re: Time Zones - 12/15/06 01:05 AM
Speaking of zerg, I can't wait to join the next big zerg. Being a meatshield kind of player I really enjoy the zerg herd group experience.....

BRING THE ZERG !!!
Posted By: Jonus Re: Time Zones - 12/15/06 05:47 AM
In Mountain Time, I usually play on weekend and can play just about all day/night. During the week, Im on around 8 pm to midnight.
Posted By: hydr Re: Time Zones - 12/15/06 07:15 AM
mmm zerglings! need more overlords our zerg is too big!
Posted By: Seaelf Re: Time Zones - 12/16/06 01:21 AM
i'm too sexy for my zerg
Posted By: syev Re: Time Zones - 12/16/06 02:43 AM
zergs <3 aoe
Posted By: Seaelf Re: Time Zones - 12/17/06 12:09 AM
I want to give a shout out for my east coast players !! Avi Rhavin Syev !! east coast baby !!! dirty south Romeo and garcia and bib !!

there will be no waiting for action till west coasters get on line at 8pm est

EAST COAST !!
Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa Re: Time Zones - 12/17/06 12:30 AM
rofl dirty south
Posted By: Raekwon Re: Time Zones - 12/17/06 04:18 AM
Don't worry about the international zerg Syev, we've got some people living out here in the middle east... we'll cover the early morning shift. Derid, just make sure there's enough NPC guards that it only takes three of us to actually be online to defend the place!
Posted By: Chez Re: Time Zones - 12/17/06 01:53 PM
Hah, nice Raek. SWA time zones ftw lol.
Posted By: syev Re: Time Zones - 12/17/06 08:16 PM
lol, ya i forgot where ya guys are ... hope the rest of the country doesn't forget either.
© The KGB Oracle