The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Drakiis PS2 and YOU - 12/06/12 12:01 AM
Being a Open Faction at current has a lot of you asking, yourselves and others, how many are playing? What times? Can I join you all?

These are all valid questions, and I will address them simply by saying IF you like PS2 or are interested in PS2, I suggest logging into vent and playing PS2 while in vent. Hiding offline, playing offline, or not joining vent does nothing to help find you a squad in this game. I am NOT accusing anyone, I am merely saying that if others can see your activity then they might feel MORE inclined to join you. If people don't know you are playing then they will more then likely ASSUME no one is playing. To get activity you have to show activity. This game has potential, and the more that play it the more potential it has. Things will NOT always be perfect, we will NOT always win, however as more begin to play, more opportunities present themselves for both character progress and strategic advancement. You can't win if your by yourself or trying to rambo it, stay together and move on target, Squad leaders know, I have played with Sturmgrenadier for all of Technical and closed beta and I know, any good squad leader is working the issue before you even fire your first shot.
Posted By: JetStar Re: PS2 and YOU - 12/06/12 09:05 PM
It is puzzling and frustrating to see 10 KGB online and 1 in Vent.

This game is about team work and coordination. Lets play TOGETHER!
Posted By: ltima Re: PS2 and YOU - 12/07/12 10:18 PM
Originally Posted By: JetStar

This
Posted By: Wildcard Re: PS2 and YOU - 12/08/12 01:26 AM
Originally Posted By: JetStar

Fairly certain I know what's going on here: there has been so much drama and frustration regarding people "not playing in faction-x" or "playing in faction-z instead of faction-x" that some people are opting to bypass Vent. entirely to avoid it.

Kind of a sad state of affairs, and arguable way of dealing with it, (from both action/reaction), but I would say that there's a palpable degree of guilt flying around right now depending on what game you are, or are not actively participating in at any given time.

Tell me if I'm totally off-base, but that's the feeling I get.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: PS2 and YOU - 12/08/12 01:45 AM
This could be the case, however my time and experience here tends to favor the idea that for some reason people just like to play by themselves and have "quiet time" because of old age, and a lack of enthusiasm to work with people. For a lot of people this is their relaxing past time, and many probably don't want frustration or stress. Older folks get set in their ways and figure they have nothing in common with younger members and are not big on taking orders/suggestions in game or have their gaming experience dictated to them. Which is a shame, because that is supposed to be why your in a guild in the first place. Either people just ride the bandwagon for the goodies, or rather they want the OPTION of benefiting from the guild when it suits them. Opportunistic and Apathy are two words to describe such behavior.
Posted By: Hobbitlauncher Re: PS2 and YOU - 12/08/12 03:13 AM
For me in particular, the past couple weeks of cases have been particularly harrowing so I sometimes want to come home and just have the "silence" of explosions and gunfire. Also, I spent so much time wearing my headset during beta that I have wife aggro, so I am trying to leash her by not being in voice.I am more than happy to answer any questions (with a currently-biased-towards-VS slant) about the game in a thread or via PM though. And I'll probably be hitting voice again soon.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: PS2 and YOU - 12/08/12 09:06 PM
Whenever your ready Hobbit, your welcome in any Squad I run, no rush.
Posted By: Hobbitlauncher Re: PS2 and YOU - 12/08/12 10:23 PM
Will be very hard to squad up with you as a VS =P Unless you're ready to embrace the ways of SCIENCE!!
Posted By: JetStar Re: PS2 and YOU - 12/09/12 02:00 AM
Maybe we should use Mumble for PS2?
Posted By: Kegir Re: PS2 and YOU - 12/09/12 05:34 AM
It doesn't matter to me the method of Voice communication we use. I will be in there any time I play. If you see me online and I'm not in there it's my daughter learning how to die on my character. She needs to get her own toon instead of "helping" me get certs!
Posted By: Drakiis Re: PS2 and YOU - 12/10/12 11:44 PM
Kegir your just taking advantage of the free playtime by having her do it ;)
© The KGB Oracle