The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Drakiis The BIG Question - 11/04/11 05:21 AM
missed the most obvious question, will relaunch this poll as the game gets closer to release
Posted By: Mithus Re: The BIG Question - 11/04/11 02:26 PM
I didnt vote yet, but for what I saw from the first one, the engine showed on youtube didnt impress me. I hope that will be a lot better from what I saw from pĺanet side I.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: The BIG Question - 11/04/11 05:36 PM
then mark yourself down as not sure yet...that's why there are three choices Mithus.
Posted By: Tobacco Re: The BIG Question - 11/07/11 07:40 PM
I put yes because I do plan on playing at this time.

I am going to start playing SW:TOR, so my status could change closer to release, but I have a feeling TOR will be a fun 5-6 month romp then I'll choose to move on (as I did with Rift).
Posted By: Romeo_Montague Re: The BIG Question - 11/11/11 11:36 PM
I plan to give this one a good shot, I voted Yes.
Posted By: Rahl Re: The BIG Question - 11/12/11 06:19 AM
I voted Yes I have talked to Drakiis and he has said that this should be fun, and since he has a faction in the game I plan to at least give the game a try and show my support
Posted By: Prism Re: The BIG Question - 11/13/11 06:48 PM
I voted YES on this one
Posted By: Sini Re: The BIG Question - 11/22/11 12:41 AM
I will play, I don't see a reason not to considering its likely to be F2P title. Plus I get to grief Drakiis, I'd pay good money for this.

I vote I should be personal transport pilot for him.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: The BIG Question - 11/22/11 12:53 AM
I don't always fly, but when I do I prefer Tasorin Airlines

Posted By: Tasorin Re: The BIG Question - 11/22/11 02:04 AM
Providing your control point capping MAX drop on call.

We are Five by Five and Charlie is in the bush.

My Gal will be known as "Double Nutz", and Primo Vato will be your heavy lifter pilot of choice.

And yes, that is a Boeing Longbow Apache.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: The BIG Question - 11/22/11 11:45 PM
The US Army Air Cav has asked for and received unmanned OH-58's and Apache Longbows. It's just plain evil and unfair, I like it.

The "E" and "F" variant of the Apache is suppose to be smaller, lighter, and more maneuverable due to armor and vector thruster technology advances. Boeing has just got stupid with its autoclave and composite fiber understanding.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: The BIG Question - 11/22/11 11:53 PM
SKYNET IS COMING!
Posted By: Tasorin Re: The BIG Question - 11/23/11 01:31 AM
Current results for poll on PlanetSide Universe.

What empire will you choose in PlanetSide 2?
New Conglomerate -- Votes: 392 -- 34%
Vanu Sovereignty -- Votes: 377 -- 33%
Terran Republic -- Votes: 374 -- 33%
Total Votes: 1,143

Meta game High Score over.

NC > Barney & Commies
Posted By: Kegir Re: The BIG Question - 12/04/11 03:43 PM
Plz start beta Jan 2 soe thanks! That would be early next year!
Posted By: Ifantis Re: The BIG Question - 12/11/11 03:52 PM
Hopefully ill have the time but yea i want to give it a try its hard to play anything online with the new baby its alot tougher than my first kid just because of the attention thing and right now its tough to play anything that i cant pause lol.
Posted By: Wildcard Re: The BIG Question - 12/16/11 07:47 AM
Ohhh...PS2 sounds quite enticing!

Had tons of fun in PS1, so I'll probably lurk around to see what the crew is up to!
Posted By: Tasorin Re: The BIG Question - 12/16/11 02:36 PM
Originally Posted By: Wildcard
So I'll probably lurk around to see what the crew is up to!

Hitting the ground running and killing people in the first hour of Beta.

Destroy on Contact!
Posted By: Drakiis Re: The BIG Question - 12/16/11 07:39 PM
Originally Posted By: Tasorin
Originally Posted By: Wildcard
So I'll probably lurk around to see what the crew is up to!

Hitting the ground running and killing people in the first hour of Beta.

Destroy on Contact!

Open warfare on the hanna montana and the lollipop gang
Posted By: Tasorin Re: The BIG Question - 12/16/11 08:07 PM
Stop. Hamma Time!

Posted By: Uber Re: The BIG Question - 01/18/12 06:16 PM
I go where you guys go but lately you fail to go anywhere together. Can we just once before I die get our shiznit together in one game?!? Miss you freaks.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: The BIG Question - 01/18/12 11:16 PM
Originally Posted By: Uber
I go where you guys go but lately you fail to go anywhere together. Can we just once before I die get our shiznit together in one game?!? Miss you freaks.

This is the one and only shiznit as you put it. The PS2 faction is highly motivated, highly organized, and hopefully numerically strong by launch. A lot is riding on this crusade good sir.
Posted By: JetStar Re: The BIG Question - 01/19/12 05:16 PM
I would have to /second that motion.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: The BIG Question - 01/19/12 05:25 PM
This is probably going to define if KGB goes forward after 15 years as an Gaming Clan or a Social Club.

/Fact
Posted By: Kaotic Re: The BIG Question - 01/19/12 07:14 PM
Well, assuming that this game lives up to expectations, unlike every game for the last 6 years.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: The BIG Question - 01/19/12 07:29 PM
That is just it, there isn't that much to fuck up.

No PvE = No mobs, no instances, no quests, no AI to program.

The biggest challenges will be balancing builds, dealing with latency, and how the business model is going to function.

Still plenty of room for SOE to fuck it up, but the margin or error is minimal, which plays in our favor.
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: The BIG Question - 01/19/12 07:30 PM
Don't have expectations and you can't get dissapointed!

It's just glorified battlefield with easier aiming tha requires more teamwork if you want to be successful.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: The BIG Question - 01/20/12 01:37 AM
Originally Posted By: Donkleaps
Don't have expectations and you can't get dissapointed!

It's just glorified battlefield with easier aiming tha requires more teamwork if you want to be successful.

the best part is it's simplicity and basic shooter mechanics, no need to grind, because not only is it offline skill up, but also as a shooter anyone can grab a rifle and win a battle, even a new player can make the difference, one man with a well placed shot cound turn a battle in our favor.
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: The BIG Question - 01/20/12 07:41 AM
So far the biggest worry that I have is that the NC population is 3/4 asian(China Nation, Korea Nation) If that holds over to PS2 I wil be a very sad Don k
Posted By: Drakiis Re: The BIG Question - 01/20/12 08:25 AM
Well I'm not sayin there won't be asian, just that the other western guilds should hopefully offset that ratio
Posted By: Tasorin Re: The BIG Question - 01/20/12 03:56 PM
They are getting there own server cluster and release partner. For China and Korea its a site called "The9". They will have to want to come over to the NA servers and roll CN/KN, and there is nothing we can do about that.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: The BIG Question - 03/20/12 12:29 AM
So in PS1 you had an armor bar and once that was depleted you were then taking health damage. Armor that was destroyed didn't regenerate, you had to use a kit to repair the armor damage value.

This function has fundamentally changed now in PS2.

You now will have a shield bar whose value depends on your armor and skill set. For the sake of discussion, let us assume that light armor has 100 points of shield damage. Shield damage works the same way that Armor damage did in PS1. Depending on what weapon you were shot with, what type of ammo they were using, and the distance at which you were shot, defined how much armor damage you just took from being shot once. Same-Same with the Shield in PS2. Here is the difference. Shield damage naturally regenerates over time. During the closed beta and from reconning the GDC footage it appears that base Shield regen is about 4 per second. So you could regen from 0 to 100 in Light Armor in 20 seconds. This is where it is like tribes and other shield regen games. Once you stop taking damage, there is a 5 second buffer before you start shield regeneration. With all this said, expect to see passive skills in the trees that effect this game mechanic as well as side grades from the cash store.
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: The BIG Question - 03/20/12 02:04 AM
it's halo!
Posted By: Tasorin Re: The BIG Question - 03/20/12 02:57 AM
I gotta say its the first thing I have been disappointed with so far.
Posted By: Arkh Re: The BIG Question - 03/20/12 08:42 AM
I like this. It means you can do a lot of guerrilla fighting if you're not greedy. But you can still be punished fast.
And I guess you'll see some sniper rifles which won't damage the shields and do direct damage to health.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: The BIG Question - 03/20/12 10:00 PM
This is what they need to do for the original planetside... survive-ability in the land of hack is much needed.
Posted By: Sethan Re: The BIG Question - 11/07/12 02:41 PM
The more I read about this game the more I like it. Count me in.
Posted By: Wildcard Re: The BIG Question - 11/07/12 06:57 PM
It's fun Sythir, and will hopefully be even more fun when we get more people, and they get everything set for release!
Posted By: Sethan Re: The BIG Question - 11/07/12 07:20 PM
Played ARMA 2 for years and did countless large scale battles in PvP. I hope PS2 is similiar in the fact that tactics/logistics are more important than a faster mouse reflex. The most fun I have ever had in a game was doing large scale invasions in Vent with coordinated air strikes, armor and ground troops.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: The BIG Question - 11/08/12 01:20 AM
There is a margin for that yes, but it completely depends on how people communicate, and how willing they are to follow orders. Otherwise it's a mob mentality, very little coordination, no tactics, no overall strategy, with nothing but five guys who all think they are rambo.

It takes commitment, trust, and respect to work well together. A mutual understanding and willingness to accept responsibility and blame in equal measure. That and a minimum of 20 people on at all times to accomplish anything of note. If you want Planetside 2 for KGB then keep those things in mind and start building up some interest for it.
Posted By: Kegir Re: The BIG Question - 11/08/12 01:29 AM
Can u say proximity mines? Guaranted kills. Login peeps and spend your certs!
Posted By: Drakiis Re: The BIG Question - 11/08/12 01:42 AM
Fully outfitted AP Vanguard, Skyguard, and Cmd Sundy
© The KGB Oracle