The KGB Oracle
Posted By: JetStar POLL: Should we keep the Political Forums - 11/02/12 06:15 AM
As you all know, RL politics has NOTHING to do with gaming or KGB. I have had mixed feelings about this as it seems some of the angst that is created here is overflowing into other areas of KGB.

So lets review the entire idea of the political forum and see if we should shut it down.
Posted By: Sini Re: POLL: Should we keep the Political Forums - 11/02/12 12:50 PM
People go deranged over politics all the time, even on record while on national TV! Someone raging in private forum is very small-times compared to this. One (or even multiple) individuals misbehaving is not a good reason to close political forums.

Much better solution is implementing suspension or time-out box for knowingly violating the rules.

If these forums close I will personally miss very engaging, intellectual and civilized debates with Derid, Kaotic, Wolfgang and many others. Don't let one individual's bad day ruin good thing for the rest of us.
Posted By: RedKGB Re: POLL: Should we keep the Political Forums - 11/02/12 03:13 PM
Only someone with thier head up there own ass would think my comments were about politics, instead of snide remrks dipped in venom. If we had been at the bar, you would be missing teeth and I would be sitting in a jailcell.
Posted By: Sini Re: POLL: Should we keep the Political Forums - 11/02/12 03:54 PM
Red, It would be most appreciated if you did not pollute this forum with unhinged ravings and let people interested in talking about politics do so without having to wade into your profanity-infested drivel.
Posted By: RedKGB Re: POLL: Should we keep the Political Forums - 11/02/12 03:59 PM
Originally Posted By: sini
Red, It would be most appreciated if you did not pollute this forum with unhinged ravings and let people interested in talking about politics do so without having to wade into your profanity-infested drivel.

Sini, It would be most appreciated if you did not use the cover of well written words to pollute this forums with your unhinged ravings and let people that are really talking todo so with wading thru your self inveted drivel of far left liberalism.
Posted By: Sini Re: POLL: Should we keep the Political Forums - 11/02/12 04:03 PM
Red, I am afraid my "far left liberalism" is here to stay and there is nothing you can do about it. You are welcome to disagree with me and let me know why in a polite and civilized manner.
Posted By: RedKGB Re: POLL: Should we keep the Political Forums - 11/02/12 04:09 PM
Red, I am afraid my "far left liberalism" is here to stay and there is nothing you can do about it. You are welcome to disagree with me and let me know why in a polite and civilized manner.

You ask to respond in civil tones while you yourself instigate and respond in condensnding speech, that while well written is still full of vulgairty. You can not have it both ways, either you stop with your little high minded response to my post or accept the fact I will dog you till either I am dead or force from the guild.
Posted By: Sethan Re: POLL: Should we keep the Political Forums - 11/02/12 04:12 PM
How about we just remove the politcal forums updates from the active topic feed. Right now it is polluted with updates from 2 people who obviously hate each other.

There is a reason businesses discourage people from talking politics in the office. This type of shit ends up happening and will continue to happen.
Posted By: Sini Re: POLL: Should we keep the Political Forums - 11/02/12 04:16 PM
Condescending is matter of perceptions, while vulgarity and abusiveness is not.

Are you so stuck-up in your political zeal that you would rather intentionally and repeatedly break KGB rules and get "force from the guild" than concede that I am entitled to my opinions?

I am really curious, what do you find so offensive in my views to provoke such strong reaction?
Posted By: RedKGB Re: POLL: Should we keep the Political Forums - 11/02/12 04:23 PM
Condescending is matter of perceptions, while vulgarity and abusiveness is not.

Are you so stuck-up in your political zeal that you would rather intentionally and repeatedly break KGB rules and get "force from the guild" than concede that I am entitled to my opinions?

I am really curious, what do you find so offensive in my views to provoke such strong reaction?

I am not attacking you politically but attacking your approach in response to my post. I have not sought nor seen fit to restrict your opinions, but when you debase my thoughts and my opinions with false accuastions or comparsions. I will stand up and defend it, regradless of the rules of the land.
Posted By: Derid Re: POLL: Should we keep the Political Forums - 11/02/12 04:39 PM

I dont think the issue, is with your right to defend your thoughts and opinions Red.

How you went about it recently is a different matter.

I <3 u man, in a very non-ghey sort of way... and I certainly agree with you a lot more than I do with sinij or Jet on most topics... but I really do think you could have expressed your displeasure in more constructive ways.
Posted By: Sini Re: POLL: Should we keep the Political Forums - 11/02/12 04:42 PM
Debase your thoughts and your opinions? I have no power over your thoughts, all I can and do is disagree with what you say and tell you why. This is how political debate works, if you don't enjoy this process, and not willing to get your opinions questioned, perhaps you should keep them private?

If my comparisons are false, then demonstrate them so. If you think I am unfairly accusing you of something - point it out. Standing and defending should always be done with arguments and facts, not with profanity and abuse.

Moment you lower yourself to abuse and profanity is moment you concede that your arguments are indefensible.

What do you have me do? Insincerely agree to your arguments just to keep peace? Go easy on you so you can feel better about your questionable opinions?
Posted By: RedKGB Re: POLL: Should we keep the Political Forums - 11/02/12 04:51 PM
And Sini that is not how you do it. You simple do not say I disagree with your red, and think that americans that have died at an embassy and we should not get a chance to find out what happen. You did not say red, I think your apprach to the unemployment numbers is wrong, instead you call for a lack of conspiricay theriores.

As I have said before, I will not bring a knife to a gun fight, but will bring every wepaon I have to bear.

You seek not to agree or disagree but rather poke at people.
Posted By: Sini Re: POLL: Should we keep the Political Forums - 11/02/12 05:04 PM
Red, there are multiple approaches to debating - some are very direct, like agree/disagree, others like discrediting ideas or guilt by association are very roundabout and often can be demonstrated as a logical fallacy.

Difference is, debate is always about ideas. I can say "this is moronic idea", and while poor form it is still debate until it turns into "you are moron because of your ideas". There is a lot of gray areas, but "I can't wait to piss on your grave" is clearly not a debate.

Stick to debating, this is what this forum is for. Avoid abuse, not only it is against the rules, but it also detracts from any opinions you present.

Now, listen. The only reason I am taking time explaining all of this to you is because your unhinged behavior put this forum in danger. You might not see your actions as wrong, but fairly overwhelming consensus is that they are. Enough so, that people question if we should be allowed to have political debate, considering people flying off the rails over it.
Posted By: RedKGB Re: POLL: Should we keep the Political Forums - 11/02/12 05:19 PM
No you asshole, you spoke of debateing one way, and when showen that you do not in fact debate that way, you run to the gray area. My pissing on your grave has nothing todo with debating and anyone that thinks pissing on your grave is anything more then a desire of my heart is a moron. You dont debate on these forums, you belittle and attack others. Your condesding passages are every bit as abusive and profane, and I will respond to them in kind.

Now listen, your head is so far up your own ass that the only way to talk to you is from an unhinged approach.

Now listen, I dont care if this section of the forums is shut down or not. My response has been to you about you and your disrepect. I will respond as I see fit.

The best thing you can do sini is not to attack me with your worthless drivel. Nor make any post that may infer in anyway as disrespectful to me. Do not confuse me with some one with tact.
Posted By: Owain Re: POLL: Should we keep the Political Forums - 11/04/12 04:01 PM
I say keep the forum, but people need to govern themselves, and argue with respect. It is OK for people to disagree, but that disagreement should never result in personal attacks and insults. We learn far more about the person doing the insulting than we do about the person being insulted, and you do neither your cause nor your personal reputation any good with such miserable conduct.

If you wish to convince people, be convincing.
I have decided to alter the political forums so that access is required to post.

This is the best way to continue this service and limit those that cannot follow the rules.

I am going to execute this now, and all of you would need to have access granted by an administrator.
Posted By: Sini Re: POLL: Should we keep the Political Forums - 11/04/12 06:07 PM
Maybe update FAQ so there are no gray areas in interpretation and it very clear what kind of conduct is expected?
Posted By: Sini Re: POLL: Should we keep the Political Forums - 11/04/12 06:08 PM
Specifically - some people got confused by "This forum is considered "ANYTHING GOES"" part and never bothered/were able to understand the rest of it.
Yeah I will do that, that is contradictory and confusing.
Posted By: Prism Re: POLL: Should we keep the Political Forums - 11/04/12 10:18 PM
It is really easy if you dont like it dont enter ! But for the ones that can handle it I dont see any reason why this should go away.
© The KGB Oracle