The KGB Oracle
Posted By: JetStar Maybe Paul has a chance? - 09/23/11 09:24 PM
I sure dont think so, but maybe with Romney and Perry committing political suicide, Paul is the next front runner:

http://amherst.patch.com/articles/poll-results-ron-paul-performed-best-at-debate

I have never seen the republicans go at each other so nasty. I mean didnt Reagan say, "Thou shall not slight another republican" or something like that?
Posted By: Arkh Re: Maybe Paul has a chance? - 09/23/11 10:18 PM
I would not trust an online poll as a lot of 4chan members are Ron Paul fans and they're known for rigging those kind of polls.
Posted By: Wolfgang Re: Maybe Paul has a chance? - 09/23/11 11:39 PM
I would like to See Ron Paul win the bid for Presidency. There's something about Cain that I like as well.
Posted By: Vuldan Re: Maybe Paul has a chance? - 09/24/11 12:13 AM
It would be exceptional!
Posted By: Prism Re: Maybe Paul has a chance? - 09/25/11 04:29 PM
Originally Posted By: Wolfgang
There's something about Cain that I like as well.

Cain did well in Florida's Straw Poll

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424...hp_mostpop_read
Posted By: Vuldan Re: Maybe Paul has a chance? - 09/25/11 08:41 PM
Yah, Cain could be a good focus. He certainly is far better than Rick Perry on any given day. Interesting that Romney, who did not even try, came in only 1 percentage point behind Perry. That should give Perry some clue, but it wont. Bachman is all but out of it, so interesting days ahead.
Posted By: Mithus Re: Maybe Paul has a chance? - 09/25/11 09:02 PM
you guys lose to much time thinking who will be the next president..

Do you really believe that the next president will make too much difference? I personally believe that the party has more influency on government that decisions that on public are made by him, but in truth are made by their party..

so the really and important question will be if the next president will be republican or democrat.

Posted By: Vuldan Re: Maybe Paul has a chance? - 09/25/11 09:20 PM
You are right and wrong Mithus. In many cases, it can be said the party controls a lot of what the President does, but there have been historical incidents where that was not true. Some believe that was why JFK was taken out.

Also, if someone like Ron Paul were to actually make it, then all bets would be off.
Posted By: Kaotic Re: Maybe Paul has a chance? - 09/26/11 02:05 AM
What I know of Cain I like, but they are all politicians so I always assume they are all liars.
Posted By: Derid Re: Maybe Paul has a chance? - 09/26/11 02:42 AM

Cain is relatively new as a politician though. I like Cain , I think he is a good person with good intentions. He is a self made man with an impressive intellect.

The only thing I dislike, is his 999 tax program. I think a national sales tax is a poor idea for a wide variety of reasons. The thought behind it is valid, but in practice it will not work well. Good intentions do not always result in good policy.

Personally, I far favor Mitt's tax plan for removing death tax, capital gains etc for people making under 200k. Of course I do not think Mitt is as good a person as Cain, he is afterall an establishment figure. If Cain and Mitt could switch economic plans, I think we would have a surefire winner.
Posted By: Kaotic Re: Maybe Paul has a chance? - 09/26/11 02:45 AM
You make a good point about the 999 plan, but at least he's thinking in the right direction. Since compromise is the name of the game perhaps we'd be well off with Cain and the compromise may end up looking like the fair tax that many of us advocate for.
Posted By: Vuldan Re: Maybe Paul has a chance? - 09/26/11 03:19 AM
Interesting, I actually believe a national sales tax, as well as a national flat tax are both key to fixing the economic problem. No loopholes, no nothing. 1/2 to 1 cent national sales tax on everything sold in the country, and I mean everything. 5 to 10 percent flat tax on all income and you will solve the issue. Notice I did not say 25% or 36% as is part of the current tax bullshit. Remove all the shelters and loopholes and all the rest and 5 to 10% is more than enough to take care of the issues, reduce the debt rapidly and provide for the government.
© The KGB Oracle