The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Wolfgang FACEPALM - 09/13/11 02:35 AM
And you wonder why companies aren't spending... because they don't know from one day to the next when they will be hit with taxes!
http://news.yahoo.com/obama-raise-taxes-pay-jobs-bill-231154951.html

Quote:
The payment method the White House announced Monday would consist of:

—$405 billion from limiting the itemized deductions for charitable contributions and other deductions that can be taken by individuals making over $200,000 a year and families making over $250,000;

—$41 billion from closing loopholes for oil and gas companies;

—$18 billion from requiring fund managers to pay higher taxes on certain income;

—$3 billion from changing the tax treatment of corporate jets.

Obama is deadset on taxing those millonaires and billionaires, you know the ones that make $200,000 - $250,000 a year. And I love that wording in tax fund managers "Certain Income" lol we so need a new tax system, they just keep feeding the beast!
And to think Obama said his Jobs bill was already paid for...lol you can't make this shit up if you tried.
Posted By: Wolfgang Re: FACEPALM - 09/13/11 02:37 AM
popcorn
Posted By: JetStar Re: FACEPALM - 09/13/11 07:15 AM
Lay off the Fox News Wolfgang, Jesus.
Posted By: Wolfgang Re: FACEPALM - 09/13/11 09:18 AM
Originally Posted By: JetStar
Lay off the Fox News Wolfgang, Jesus.

How does that have anything to do with Fox News? lol
Posted By: JetStar Re: FACEPALM - 09/13/11 02:03 PM
Originally Posted By: Wolfgang
Obama is deadset on taxing those millonaires and billionaires, you know the ones that make $200,000 - $250,000 a year. And I love that wording in tax fund managers "Certain Income" lol we so need a new tax system, they just keep feeding the beast!
And to think Obama said his Jobs bill was already paid for...lol you can't make this shit up if you tried.

What I mean is that there is a difference between saying something is already paid for and paid for. The changes in the bill pay for the bill itself.

You make it into something dishonest by insinuating that he said it was "Already" paid for. Typical Faux News tactic.

Let the fuckers at the 250k level pay as much as I am paying at the 150k level. It's called fair share.
Posted By: Derid Re: FACEPALM - 09/13/11 02:38 PM

What I cannot believe, is that the Dems are still trying to raise taxes on middle class folk ( a 2 income family making 250k is just middle class, especially in high cost of living areas. )

Why not argue for closing a few dozen unneeded overseas military bases. Why not ship all the Iraq troops back today, that would save a good chunk of money.

Not having the courage to go after the unneeded portions of military spending and banging the class warfare gong ( sorry , people making 200k are not necessarily millionaires ) just does not impress me.

I do not have any issues with hard infrastructure spending though. The roads and bridges do certainly need a lot of work.
Posted By: Wolfgang Re: FACEPALM - 09/13/11 08:00 PM
Originally Posted By: JetStar
Originally Posted By: Wolfgang

What I mean is that there is a difference between saying something is already paid for and paid for. The changes in the bill pay for the bill itself.

You make it into something dishonest by insinuating that he said it was "Already" paid for. Typical Faux News tactic.

Let the fuckers at the 250k level pay as much as I am paying at the 150k level. It's called fair share.

***My bad, I heard it wrong, he said it WOULD be paid for.***
He said it will be paid for, but he also said it would come from spending cuts a long with the $1.2 trillion they will be cutting soon. Then he comes out with tax hikes instead.
Posted By: Prism Re: FACEPALM - 09/13/11 08:54 PM
Hmmmm

Posted By: Vuldan Re: FACEPALM - 09/13/11 09:04 PM
ROTFLMAO...perfect Prism. And terrifyingly true.
Posted By: JetStar Re: FACEPALM - 09/14/11 04:58 AM
The Republican Conservative Brain
Posted By: Daye Re: FACEPALM - 09/14/11 05:30 AM

I don't want to live on this planet anymore. - Prof. Farnsworth

Has Obama kept any of his campaign promises to date ? Do any of
those useless bastards EVER keep any of the promises they make ?

Of course not. Yet folks keep right on believing their BS and
wonder why this country is in the condition it is.

They are all the same. Gonna change the world. Fix everything
the other guy screwed up. This country is so fucking corrupt it's
beyond my desire to comprehend anymore. Get lied to enough times
it tends to jade your thinking a bit. . . . :|
Posted By: Ictinike Re: FACEPALM - 09/14/11 05:52 AM

Sorry.. had too smile
Posted By: Derid Re: FACEPALM - 09/14/11 11:44 AM

Those comics are good.

Daye, that's why many of us here are for Ron Paul. He has actually been consistent in and out of office for decades. It is a total rarity, but shouldn't be.
Posted By: Daye Re: FACEPALM - 09/14/11 07:34 PM
Ron Paul would be the only one I would vote for, alas his chances
are infinitesimal since he isn't affiliated with either of the
two major parties.

Ron Paul + Jesse Ventura = pure entertainment in Washington laugh
Posted By: Kaotic Re: FACEPALM - 09/14/11 08:38 PM
Originally Posted By: Daye
Ron Paul would be the only one I would vote for, alas his chances
are infinitesimal since he isn't affiliated with either of the
two major parties.

Ron Paul + Jesse Ventura = pure entertainment in Washington laugh

And really, at this point, why should we expect anything more than entertainment from those weasels? smile
Posted By: Vuldan Re: FACEPALM - 09/14/11 10:45 PM
I am neither conservative nor republican Jet, have even voted for Demmocrat labeled people. If you have to attach a label to me personnally, try libertarian, jeffersonian realist. That works.
© The KGB Oracle